Kitchen Cabinet

How to Put in Kitchen area Cabinets – This Previous Residence

This Previous Residence standard contractor Tom Silva exhibits how to hold cupboards like a professional carpenter. (See down below for a searching list and resources.)

Simply click right here to SUBSCRIBE to the formal This Previous Residence YouTube channel:

Complete episode:

How to Paint Kitchen area Cabinets:

How to Put in Window Trim:

How to Put in a Glass Mosaic Tile Backsplash:

Watch the How-To Instructional Videos playlist:

Shopping List for How to Put in Kitchen area Cabinets:
– kitchen wall and base cupboards
– ending nails, utilised to discover wall studs
– three-inch drywall screws, utilised to fasten filler strip to floor
– one one/four-inch pan-head screws, utilised to screw sides of cupboards alongside one another
– wood shims
– 2½-inch drywall screw with ending washer, utilised to fasten rear of higher cupboards to wall
– cupboard jack, utilised to maintain wall cupboards

Equipment for How to Put in Kitchen area Cabinets:
– four-foot and six-foot degree
– drill/driver
– hammer
– tape evaluate
– clamps, utilised to maintain cupboards alongside one another
– jigsaw, for slicing vent hole in in excess of-the-stove cupboard

Observe This Previous Residence:
Fb:
Twitter:
Pinterest:
G+:
Instagram:
Tumblr:

1. Hard to tell what Tom is doing here. I see one screw in the frame for apparently joining adjacent cabinets, then he adds one (or more?) to join the side panels of those adjacent cabinets. That last procedure is seldom if ever recommended by cabinet manufacturers.

2. Dude is dangerous with those tape lines 👏🏻

3. Nice video, right to the point. Would you recommend finish nails instead of screws for holding the cabinets together?

4. I made it by myself 🙂 I used fot that woodprix woodworking plans.

5. Go to woodprix page if you want to learn how to build it yourself

6. shouldn't you put the new floor down first ?

7. Ive talked to several builders about this guy, all say he over complicates everything he does.

8. I was a cabinet installer many years ago and 90% of the time the floor went down after…

9. A true pro

10. What do you do with the Shims after? Especially the ones at the base of the lower cabinets? How do you hide them?

11. Props for the vid! It finally helped me figure out something I was stuck with. I haven't started with Hyezmar's Woodworking Bible yet, but I googled and downloaded the book. Looks fun too!

12. Great video!

13. Can someone tell me why it is not better to start installation from a corner out? I feel like there is more change of error through irregularities of the cabinets and imperfection in installation. When you get to the corner, you could be either short or long?

14. What is the reason for using "deck screws"? Could you not use lag bolts?

15. Nicely done! Good video on cabinets.

16. Very precise and detailed i like it!

17. Gas

18. what kind and make drill is that (exactly) thank you

19. man being a cabinet installer look hard as hell…

20. One good reason to put flooring under cabinets is in case you ever want to redo the kitchen in 10 years. You will be able to move things around without trying to match in a floor.
    2nd reason not so good. Should you need to alter the kitchen to accommodate someone that now has to use a wheelchair ie: sink or cooktop, the floor is already in.
    I t will cost more in terms of labor to have the floor installed later
    There is a real good chance that the floor guys will bang up and splash stain/finish on the cabinetry
    Cabinets should be screwed together through the face frames-preferably hidden behind the hinges. Putting screws behind the frame places stress that will force the frames to leave a gap- if not today, it will happen

21. First cabinet video on YT I seen somebody checking flush fitting of face and fixing it with shims.  Matter of fact most YT videos on cabinets I do not see them using shims at all.  Is that normal not to use shims?

22. It's actually easier to put the floor in before you set your base cabinets.

23. Usually its better to put the floor in last, stops you from any possible damage that may occur.

24. typical comments posted! this episode was about installing cabinets, not the sequence in which order to build your kitchen! who cares what order they put the flooring in! its tv nothing is ever in sequence! did you, or did you not learn anything? If you knew it all you wouldn't be watching how to install cabinets on youtube! quit with your negative thoughts and you might just learn something!

25. Flooring under cabinets: As far as paying for flooring you never see, that's a total myth. There is always PLENTY of flooring left on any flooring job (even tile), enough to put all the scraps (wood floor) or bad tiles under the cabinets. I've installed 4 floors and there are boxes of flooring in my garage filled with left-over scraps and bad boards. I've always ordered an extra carton or two because you get bad pieces in the order.

26. Hack job? After watching many episodes of TOH and seeing Tom Silva's expert work and craftsmanship I am of the strong opinion that he is a complete professional and highly competent at everything he does. His work is second to none. My two cents!

27. Typical contractor hack job!  Why not put the floor in first?  It makes it easier on the flooring guys, easier on the cabinet installers, is way more professional.  You save few bucks on flooring, but you'd spend it on labor in the end anyway.

28. Love ur vid thanks

29. why make the job harder for the flooring guys. flooring always goes down first. this is dodgy and cost cutting and is cheap and nasty

30. You can raise the cabinet 3/4 or what ever you need and add toe kick after

31. How dafuq did I get here?!

32. He mentions that he is leveling the lower cabinets because of the inconsistent floor the fact that he installs the cabinets tells us he is not going to floor under them. With certain (most) types of flooring you install it last.

33. I believe they would just floor up to the cabinets, not under. And not pay for flooring you will never see… And so that the floors are brand new when done.

34. why pay for flooring you will never see ???

35. Why the hell would you install a kitchen when you don't even have a floor yet?