Kitchen Cabinet

plywood kitchen area

I make a plywood kitchen area from Pine and Birch PLy

1. Nice bro…. not a fan of plywood walls, but a plywood kitchen looks pretty good. And somewhat cheap too

2. Here in the states (at least mine) I've found everyone wants paint grade over the last 2 years. Nobody wants wood atm. I use a maple / maple 3/4 ply carcass w/ 1/2" maple / maple rear panel for square and strength. You used some good methods for cutting down the costs for a budget kitchen while maintaining a decent cabinet grade.

I don't know how NZ works but here I can order my hinges for press in or screw in. I use an east coast company called Hafale. I don't know if they cater to NZ but they are my go to for anything kitchen hardware.

3. Awesome 90 degree corner clamps! Do you have overall dimensions, or can you do a quick video on them?

4. This is how I build kitchens here in the Caribbean the pantry usually consists of a cabinet above and two side panel, what is the name of the supplier for the drawer slides . Oh fantastic work…

5. Soft close on the draws but not on the doors, any particular reason for this? Best thing in a new kitchen, no banging doors.

6. Good job and video! Your style is the best!

7. Hi. Where in New Zealand are you ? Thank you

8. Ever considered using the Blum Ecodrill Hinge Jig ?

9. Wat is the name of the jig for the hinges?
    Tanks, Dirk from Belgium

10. Biscuit joiner mate….and. I use an iron to edge governor

11. Thanks for taking the time out to share this process really appreciate it

12. you should apologise for the cicadas

13. Better overlap by 100mm than under 😉

14. nice work joe

15. Love it. Thanks for sharing

16. In the US you can buy hinges regards your order. Mean you can buy hinges, screw on or press in or even for 5 mm euro screws.Everyone have different price . Pay attention maybe there are the same choices.

17. Great video as always !
    What's the name of that hinge jig?
    Sell on Amazon?
    Thanks !

18. Hi Joey……what finish is the customer going to use on the plywood? Cheers

19. Joey, I notice your shelves are only fixed with screws, no glue. Do you find that this method is strong enough and doesn't loosen over time? Thanks.

20. At 3:53 you say "but we also wanna have this whole unit kinda _kitsiv_"?? What word is that? I don't know what you're saying there.

21. Hahahahahahahahaaaaaa you are so funny that doesn’t work ! Bubu doors .

22. The old 100mm rule… Dude I must do that once a week!

23. Dude, what's the name of that hinge jig?

24. Great kitchen. Plywood furniture is quite hip in Belgium as well. Most of the times there’s not even edge banding. WYSIWYG! With good quality plywood like baltic birch or high quality construction pine like Wisa Spruce the edges look amazing after a couple of coats of waterbased poly. The contrast that shows between the different layers is really beautiful. My kitchen is completely made out of Wisa Spruce sheets. Funny thing is half of my friends love it. The other half don’t get it and ask when it will be painted 😂. I like that :).
    Only thing I would never do again on any cabinet is to use small round holes as doorhandles. Mine are about 20mm, maybe a little bit bigger and I frequently felt like nearly breaking my finger when in a rush opening the door too far before pulling my finger out. If that makes any sence. 🙂
    But maybe your holes are bigger. Couldn’t tell that from the video. Anyway, it was something I had to find out the hard way.

25. Great video, I got so much out of it from your nifty clamping brackets to understanding more of how the kitchen in my house was put together. Thankyou, Rob.

26. It’s funny seeing the same methods, same challenges and same work around but I do love your Blum hinge drilling guide can you please give some details of model number so I can order one?
    Ps. I saw that Domino go in crooked, I’ll give yo the tip that helped me with Domino’s was to use a hammer upside down and push them in, don’t hammer them in. The glue lubes them and they seat much better

27. nice kitchen. here in Europe there are jigs (I think from Hettich) available that already hold a 35 mm drill bit. Clamp the jig on the big door and with a hex bit supplied with the jig, drill the hole.

28. what a good job! looking more videos…

29. They look great bro!!

30. Nice looking little kitchen!

I haven't heard of a plywood kitchen trend before, but here in Germany it seems to be a plywood office trend. Or at least some designers try to make a trend out of it…

31. Great video! Could you please share the diameter of the finger pull ? I love those but they are not really popular in USAsnd I cannot find info about the right size Thanks again!

32. Joey this video was so illustrative and comprehensive that you could start building kitchens tomorrow after watching this.

33. Surprised you used a manufactured drawer kit – rather than making one from scratch. What was your reasoning?

34. Hi
    Great videos. Here in the UK we only use the supporting braces across the top for the very same reason. What we don’t do is fit a back closure panel on the back of the units. We always come in about 2 inches with our closure plate, for a number of reasons. Firstly our walls especially in older houses are not plum. The can belly in or out. Having just the outer edges of the unit makes it much easier to scribe the unit or wall. Secondly it gives a hidden area for pipes and cable runs behind the units.

35. nice video man I like your works I love your work bench I saw the frabrication video!!awesome

36. Buen trabajo!!!👍

37. I may be missing something but it seems you could have saved the grain match by simply taking the excess off on the hinge side and reinstalling the hinge. Very nice cabinet.

38. Nice cabinets Joey! Thanks for sharing them with us.😎👍JP

39. I actually like the 100mm overlap on the doors. Ha. Great video as usual. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and tips 👍

40. I have never seen hinges with those "expandable screw" things you mention. I'm in the southwest US, wondering if its a regional thing?

41. You need a longer shot of the installed cabinets, I hardly had time to take it all in. Thanks for sharing this, it's fantastic!

42. I like your clamping brackets. I've made something similar, but yours are more elegant. Mine have a flange all the way around, and will stand on their own, so they're quite useful when assembling things on the workbench.

43. No pocket hole screws?

44. will you show how you make l braces??

45. Thanks for all the videos that you post, i learn at least a couple new things in each or see a better way to do something. Cheers!

46. Nice work Joey!! I'm a one man band in Christchurch. Big fan of your videos. Love your approach, explanations and the real side of joinery, yes we make mistakes. Looking forward to the next one! Great to learn from you.

47. Hi there Joey, been watching your videos for quite some time, love it! Noticed other day your tattoo "live to skate, skate to live" and felt even more connected. Got my first skateboard 30+ years ago, still shredding. Keep on doing what you do, you rock! Best regards from Brazil.

48. The biggest most embarrassing mistake I ever made was because of that bloody 100mm trick!😡😡😡😫😂

49. Great video as always ! Thanks !

50. nice, I like seeing the mistakes too, as it proves we are all human 😎

I still don't understand the Kiwi fetish for plywood though.