Basement Renovation

Staircase Makeover: Element I – Carpet Removal

Hi pals, I am again with a COLOSSAL job which is likely to take months to full: I am totally redesigning the staircase major to my master bed room. It s a cathedral ceiling with a really dingy staircase. In this movie I am exhibiting you how I taken out the carpet on the stairs. There will be at the very least four extra films to adhere to. Take pleasure in!
connect with me or Call me:

My Great Obstacle
PO Box 402
519 POMPTON AVE
CEDAR GROVE, NJ 07009-9998

My web site:

On Facebook:

On Twitter:

On Instagram:

1. WAAAAAAY too much talking!!!! Carpet spores dust etc.. use gloves, eye goggles and nose guard. less talking hun

2. We could hang out. For me removing all the nails and staples was the most back breaking part of this project

3. You look like Yifat in the Israeli TV series “Srugim.” See if you agree.

4. My stairs are varnished but need freshening up, you may inspire me 😉 I'll keep watching, you have great motivational videos Sophia! 🙂

5. You are my hero!!! I love watching you.

6. yes, I think I'm just 2 minutes you will run to get gloves.

7. My hubby and I bedroom is also in our attic so I'm in love with what your doing!!

8. Hey Sophia love your videos and also I love your accent………

9. updated full house tour please

10. Thank you. For your own safety you should wear goggles and gloves.

11. It's likely the wood is fir. I love your ideas and I especially love that you're doing it yourself. Being handy is an excellent skill:)

12. …oh and Sophia, you can put braces underneath the staircase to connect the riser to the tread if there is space between them to stop the squeeking.

13. Sophia – you are my kind of lady! You make me laugh, and I mean that in a good way, I just love you! You are one smart lady and a go – getter, you take the bull by the horns! I wish you the best in all you do, and thank you for keeping it real!

14. I am sure that you will find good way to make it on woodprix Webpage.

15. thank you so much for posting this! I would like to do the same to my icky carpeted stairs. keep posting your home improvements please.

16. first video I've watched of yours, I'm in heaven this was just what i needed to see a total step by step. Im excited to do mine now.

17. great job! inspiring Sophia! 🙂

18. I'm newly subscribed to your channel and I love your enthusiasm ! you remind me so much of my mom ,who taught me how to build and fix things 😀 Don't listen to people commenting on your talking. I , truly appreciate the process and I'm so excited to learn something 😀

19. a very helpful video – thank you

20. Yap yap yap yap yap get on with it, people are not bothered about your attic or your husbands wardrobe lol

21. ?sagar

22. Curious why not paint first. Then yucky carpet can get paint on it instead of risking newly done floor?

23. Inspiring! I am going to do this to my stairs. They are just like yours.

24. its great so far you did a good job cleaning it it already looks better

25. 10 minutes of just yapping…

26. My dear you are amazing!  I must keep watching.  Blessings.

27. Wow you take on some tasks lol. Wouldnt you be better wearing a mask for the dusty work. x

28. Terry here again.  I know I just commented on another vid, but I had to comment on this one as well before I get going here with day.  I've got shopping and a doctors visit today.  This is something I've wanted to do to my staircase for so long, but my stairs under the carpet are not finished like yours were, just bare wood.  There's literally hundreds-maybe thousands of staples to be pulled out too (yikes!).   You are so brave to take on this project. LOL  You did an absolutely beautiful job on yours and they look beautiful!  I've thought about taking on this job, but it scares me to death.  My staircase is on display for the world because they're right in front of my front door.  I'm so hooked on your vids here, the hubby laughs at me every time he hears the music from one of your vids again, but he's happy that I'm getting inspired by them with so much work I'm getting caught up on.  I'm still contemplating ripping the carpet off the stairs anyway and getting started with that-may the force be with me–sigh- I may screw this up, but I hope not.

29. Your stair case already looks better and truer to your home,  Carpeting is alright, but would much rather have wooden stairs and floors!  Thanks for sharing :).   Gretchen

30. You are so very lucky to have had a finished staircase under the carpet!  I would love to remove the carpet on mine, but I know it's just plywood underneath.  Just in case you have more carpet to remove (like in your bedroom), I'll share an experience with you.  I've removed, by myself, well over 1,000 square feet of carpet from my basement this year and a carpet knife and mini crowbar, which is made for removing the tack strips), made it a little easier – which, being in a wheelchair, I really appreciated.  The largest area of the basement carpet was cheap Berber and I tried so many knives (hooks, scissors, utility knives, etc.) to find one that would work. This is the type that worked, by far, the best.  It's appearance doesn't seem much different than a utility knife, but, let me tell you, it works sooo much better.  That Berber about killed me, LOL.  But, this type of knife, with the rectangular blade (all sides are very sharp) and a great deal of the blade is exposed, is the best. http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-10-555-FatMaxCarpet-Knife/dp/B000BQWBL4/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1407945741&sr=8-11&keywords=carpet+knife  Just be careful not to cut yourself as I did. 🙂

Anyway, your staircase already looks wonderful even after just part 1.  You continue to be my hero!

31. Uuhu – I'm exhausted watching this.  I took out all the carpeting in the master addition when I moved in with my husband.  That's a job, girl!  You could try to get some hot wax poured in between the floorboard cracks.  It worked for my hallway.

32. I'm jealous! I hoped for finished stairs when I peeked under my carpet last year, but alas!!

33. Wow, you are Wonder Woman! I would have been afraid of getting into the middle of the project and losing steam or just getting overwhelmed by it. You are so brave, and you keep at it til it's done. You are so inspiring!

34. Hey, there are tutorials on how to convert a regular door to a French door. No different than how they do it with kitchen cabinet doors. That way you wouldn't have to rehang a new door, which is a nightmare. Just a thought!

35. I love your home projects. You do a great job. Thank you for sharing. I ant wait to see the next step. 🙂

36. Your are so self disciplined to do all this on your day off. I would like to know how far in advance do you plan d.i.y type projects or do you just wake up with a bee in your bonnet?

37. I am so happy that you are doing this and excited to see the next video. I removed the carpet from my steps about a year ago and they need refinished but I'm at a loss of how to do it. I've learned so much from your videos. I can't wait to see your steps when they are all done!