Kitchen Cabinet

Howard Restor-A-Finish: MAGIC in a bottle

Use Restor-A-Finish when you don’t want to completely strip your furniture project. Works with the existing finish and removes many types of scratches, rubs, small paint splatters and rings.

1. Sanding would be much better

2. I have a very old cabinet/pie safe that is a family piece. It sat in storage in a basement for decades and the bottom of it about three inches up from the floor has black stains, most likely water damage. My husband is convinced that to refinish it would hurt its value, but I don't think it is very valuable in the condition it is in anyway. It also has very old paint splatters on one side. Do you have any advise on how I can improve it and remove these stains and restore it without sanding it down and completely refinishing it?

3. As an added tip I would have gone over the entire piece with 90% isopropyl alcohol to remove any grime, paint, or ink that would be on the surface before going at it with the howards. it will help the howards absorb better.

4. did she wash it first???? it needs to be clean first

5. Thanks for the video. My only tip would be that you really need to stay with the grain better and leave out any of those circular movements.

6. Wow! Amazing!  I am going to try this on my bathroom cabinet.  Wish me luck.  Thanks!

7. Thank you for this review. Restor-A-Finish is amazing stuff and I like that it 'fills in' and isn't opaque. I used Ebony on the arms and legs of a friend's chair that her dogs and vacuum cleaner had scuffed up that she was having recovered. It turned out FABULOUS. She was so thrilled and I like that it leaves the 'character' of the piece but makes it look awesome.

8. Hi! Thanks for the video! I'am going to give this a try. How long does it take to dry?

9. Would you use this on existing wood kitchen cabinets?

10. Thanks a lot for the video

11. Yay!! You posted another vid and it is exactly what I needed. In the process of moving and I will use your advice on some scratches and mishaps.
    p.s. you should make more restless mind thoughts and ideas. Welcome Back!!!! ~:o)