Kitchen Cabinet

How to make a wooden countertop by Jon Peters

Making a kitchen counter major is a extremely satisfying and reasonably quick to do undertaking.. I applied Sapele wooden for this undertaking for the reason that it is really extremely dense and a excellent alternate to mahogany. Choose a search at the instruments and methods to make a excellent counter major for your household.

Fb:

1. what an amazing view out of that window

2. put some wax on the surface at the edge of the board. When the glue dries – it will fall right off with the chisel. Then sand.

3. I have only started to use a biscuit joiner, and so far not having the same results that I just saw in your video. For example when you put in the biscuits, it was very tight fit where you needed to use a mallet to place them. I have used mine 3 times so far, and every time, the biscuits basically 'fall' into the hole that was drilled, and is not a tight fit. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I am pretty sure I have the right depth set for the size 20 biscuits I am using. Any suggestions? Thank you for the video.

4. I'm surprised you didn't use pocket hole………… Awesome job !!

5. all my tops were piece meal.i made them out of oak flooring which is tongue and groove.i went over the top of 3/4 particle board.

6. This is fantastic!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Braxtly Tools

7. Use hearing protection

8. Kind of funny that you used Sapele, I went my hardwood supplier this last week and bought some for a customer. I was going to use mahogany but it wasn't very good quality and I asked the employee what would he use instead. It sanded beautifully and finished the same. It was also quartersawn.

9. What grit do you go to with the belt sander with the grain or did you stay with 80 since you started with 80 with the orbital sander?

10. I like that

11. Great job! What would you do for a long section of counter, though, say 15 feet long? Would you stagger joints or find some other method?

12. When finished what color does it turn out to be? Walnut color or a red

13. What kind of roller cover did you use for putting on the stain

14. I have already built two Boats. Both were a great success and the building was very straight forward. I have recommended your plans for a long time now [Check Details Here==>https://t.co/bqkyWnfKRC ] . I look forward to building Eight Boat soon. Thanks.

15. Hi Jon, do you have any recommendations for deciding which way the annular rings should be organized on a wide table top? Should they alternate rings up versus rings down, or should they all face up or all down? I'm about to make a 48" x 72" table top and wonder about this? Thanks, John Treble

16. emanuel

17. Hey Jon, what r ur thoughts on using walnut for a kitchen countertop?
    Also I have quite a bit of Brazilian walnut 3 & 4" wood flooring . Could I use that?

18. I'm sure the best workouts instruction is on Unflexal workouts. I just love it !

19. Hahaha board A, board B, board C, and board B. 🤣

20. Jon, What color stain did you used in this countertop?

21. What kind of wood did you use? Is there another kind that would stand up to water?

22. And, I didn't know, I thought you had to apply some pressure on the belt sander in order for it to remove a lot material faster.

23. I sanded mine in a back & forward motion, was that wrong?

24. Thank for the Video!
     I have been thinking about doing wood counter tops in my kitchen for a while now. after watching, I think I'm going to do it, I like your method.
    Also great job on the video. What kind of lighting do you have in your shop, i have a hard time getting the right light in my videos.

25. Hey Mr Peters I have a question. A guy I work with wants me to make him a bar top, but doesn't want to spend a ton of money. Is there a species that you would recommend that wouldn't break the bank? He is looking at 8'x4' and I just don't want to use pine or fir. Thank you much!

26. would it be possible to use this for a window seat top?