Basement Renovation

How to Run Cable By means of the Wall Demonstration – Uncomplicated Household Cabling Set up – YouTube

At Price cut Lower Voltage, we have the resources and know-how you require to deal with a assortment of household cabling installations. Look at our helpful video clips to learn how to operate cable as a result of the wall with out the require to eliminate drywall or insulation. With the suitable resources, the career can be done swiftly and very easily, saving time and revenue. This kind of household cabling installation is ideal for adding a new safety technique, managing Tv set cables, adding electrical stores and a lot more. Look at as Price cut Lower Voltage experts use a revolutionary 3D wall to show the cable installation process in an simple stage-by-stage formula that anyone can follow.

When installing cable on an exterior wall, holes need to be drilled from the bottom to the best since of a deficiency of clearance in attic areas. The career is designed simple utilizing a 72-inch prolonged adaptable drill little bit and a couple of other resources. To get begun, drill an obtain hole in the vicinity of the bottom of the wall. Link the 72-inch adaptable wooden auger to your favored drill and feed it into the hole in the wall. When the drill little bit hits a block, these as a header or one more obstruction, activate the drill and build a thoroughly clean three/4-inch hole which is the perfect measurement for cables to move as a result of.

The moment the drill reaches the best of the wall, eliminate it from the wall and operate a fiberglass thrust rod as a result of the holes you just designed. When the rod reaches the best of the wall, connect your cables and gently pull them as a result of the holes. You can also use a Magnepull wire fishing resource from the best of the wall to pull the cables as a result of the hole.

If you might be a Do-it-yourself champion and are intrigued in other tasks you can do at household, be positive to pay a visit to the Price cut Lower Voltage vlog for a lot more concepts, inspiration, products comparisons, giveaways, tutorial video clips and a lot more.
********************* Purchase Instruments On the web *******************
one) 72″ Extended adaptable drill little bit –

2) 50ft Fish Tape –

three) Poly Line Pull Tape –

4) Fiberglass Force/Pull Rods –

5) Magnepull Wire Fishing Device –

Observe our Blog at

&utm_content=Blog-Backlink”

Observe us on Fb at

Fb

Observe us on Twitter at

1. I been looking for a way to do this for close to 2 years now.. I want to run hdmi and cat5 above my fireplace, from the side of my fireplace..

2. With regards to drillbit getting tangled up with insulation would it be possible to run a wider pipe (say pvc) up first and run the drill through that so it can't actually touch the insulation?
    EDIT: just realized you would only be able to pass 1 obstacle with that because you can't pass the pipe through the first drilled hole.

3. I work for AT&T and long time ago comcast and this video really work for my job

4. Excellent video, thank you!

5. What this product called? i wanna buy one i mean the two parts of it. Can be found on Ebay?

6. How does this work for fishish an overhead light receptacle to a wall switch, then the wall switch to a beaker in the basement? All with finished walls? Help??

7. what is the extension rod you are using, and how does it hold the drill bit? how many sections does it have? And what was used to retrieve the "string" when up in the attic and you can not reach the fiberglass rod by hand?

8. A STICK……!
    Actually I think it's called a 'Swan Hook'

9. A STICK…….!

Actually I think it was a 'swan hook', (an expensive stick)

10. you don't sound like rambo 🙁

11. Great video dudes!

12. I want to affix a track light to the ceiling, then run an extension cord to a wall outlet. I do NOT have a junction box. Can I buy a kit to do this? I don't care if the cord is ugly. Thanks!

13. Nice to see the Knowledge great work Guys thanks for the tip I am CCTV installer but have never seen that trick that's great well done

14. Some of these bits allow you to attach the cord or cable directly to the tip before pulling back out. So the extra step of using the rod is not needed. Always a little bit of risk with this technique though, but good video.

15. With this method you have no idea what your drilling through. Could be water pipes, gas line, conduit. Hope you like the taste of electricity and are explosion proof!!

Anyone using this method is working on a darwin award. Buy a casket and life insurance before attempting this method.

16. What was the tool he used to retrieve the fiberglass rod while in the attic? (so he didnt have to crawl into the tight space)

17. They sure make it look easy…I'd love to see a video of them doing this with solid drywall and the film crew on the other side with no drywall…whole different story, just being able to see where the bit is, is cheating. This video is done under "perfect" conditions which simply don't exist. Forget about running the bit through an insulated wall, the first few turns of the bit would grab the insulation and make a big ball out of it, making it almost impossible to retrieve your drill bit.

18. Wow! This Video is amazing. Such useful information and very well done. I wonder where I can those drill bits in Canada? Also in the "second look" they were using a metal shield to protect the drywall What is that and can I buy it at the same place?
    Thanks Cochise7969 for the post

19. Reasons I would not get the drill its highly dangerious. (1) when runing cables you always drill you're hole centre of the timber not the edge (looks like a flaw to me with this drill) some poor guy nailing up a picture will find out for sure. That fine for extra low voltage cabes like cat5 or 6 still chances of damaging the cables are too high.

20. @cochise7969
    D'Versibit Extension is one name

21. I can't find the drill extension (1:33) they are using.. best i can find is the 12" .. which is not long enough

22. Yes! I should have gone to youtube first! best instructional video ever… well I should wait until I actually do it before i say that, but looks really good :D!

23. what about the gloves..?

24. anyone know where to get those flex drill extensions?

25. @cochise7969 I doubt though that ANY Kiwi Sparkie (or Australian Electrical Contractor- come to that) will ever simply do a VIDEO (whilst working) as NO_ONE is allowed to "run" Electrical Cabling inside walls & attics / underfloor for NEW WIRING INSTALLS in NZ (& Australian Dwellings) UNLESS they HOLD a Full Electrical Registation (or are apprenticed thereunder) as well as a Practicing Licence (by which time- they would ALREADY- have done over 4,000 hours- whilst "training" to qualify for Rego)

26. @cochise7969 Nah — not me .. I've retired from crawlin around "inside" all of those nasty places .. such as cobweb filled (fibreglass batt "throat_chocking_itchy_dust") cramped & difficult to access attics & UNDERFLOORS .. as I used to do – (for a crust – as an "Employee" Electrician / Labourer) away back in the 1980's & 1990's .. and NOW do the "Boss" trick = of sitting on my dairie_airie .. in front of a PC screen most days (maybe some young "Kiwi" Toolhead will (if they can FIND the manhole)

27. The easiest way to drill DOWN in NZ is to simply PULL roofing iron & use SHORT_SHAFT (screw_joint) extension drill rods (as many as needed- 1 after another- until you get ALL the way down the wall- if no fibreglass batts installed- & drop down a draw_mouse) IF fibreglass batts are installed- 1 must use brute strength & PUSH a solid rod down the outer_wall- bypassing ANY framing dwangs by sliding down the outer wall cladding if possible (then attach 1's cable to rod or drawmouse & DRAWBACK cable)

28. @cochise7969 Plus- INSIDE your attic space (ANOTHER EASY OUT) You have a SOLID woodchip "under_roof" lining- which deflects your drills & push poles (try NZ roofing materials of WIRE NETTING- OVER "fire_proof" building paper & directly UNDERNEATH corrogated iron- ALL of which instantly "grabs" & tangles any woodbit that gets anywhere NEAR those items- Plus if 1 then pushes anything UP onto that stuff- whatever gets UP there- generally goes INSIDE the building paper & UP through the wire netting)

29. @cochise7969 Well that SOLVES the reason WHY you use those FLEXI drills- It's blatantly obvious that YOU not only SELDOM if ever have ANY dwangs (horizontal crossmember framework stabilisers) in your walls- YOU don't even USE standard "lining" materials. All I see- are Vertical STUDS with absolutely NO DWANGS (apart from 1- that you call a fireblock?). PLUS your exterior wall cladding is SOLID woodchip wallboard- which is NOT that easy for a woodbit to bite into & go through- UNLIKE GIB BOARD.

30. Once in the corner-? YOU HOPE- it won't tangle. Unfortunately WE here in NZ use PINK BATTS (made of fibreglass) which is UNLIKE that soft easily passable yellow stuff YOU have there. OUR fibreglass is VERY EASILY grabbed by drill_bits & basically WINDS ITSELF INTO HUGE BALLS (very quickly) such that sometimes if NOT stopped quickly- can actually BLOW OUT through the wall lining. PLUS- once caught- by a wood_drill (bit) it is VERY difficult to extract the bit either in forwards gear OR IN REVERSE

31. Cool video. Now I can play Xbox live in the living room! The wife will love it 😉

32. OMGNOWAI AN XRAY WALL!!!! I just thought they'd took the fibreboards off. lol
    3:09

33. I had this problem before. Wish I knew this technique then. Thanks!