Waterproofing

Waterproofing – Really do not do it this way!

In this Establish Demonstrate, Matt walks via a row of different Manufacturer’s mock-ups to clearly show the very best tactics AND some significant problems! See what is improper, furthermore some superior recommendations for water & air sealing.

Enormous many thanks to our Demonstrate sponsors Polywall, Huber, Dorken Delta, Prosoco, Rockwool & Viewrail for encouraging to make these movies feasible! These are all trustworthy firms that Matt has labored with for many years and trusts their products in the residences he builds. We would hugely motivate you to check out their web sites for much more info.

1. amazing how many people would install waterproofing incorrectly

2. 0:50 guy in the pink shirts like ‘what the… so ANYWAY…’

3. Similes as he taps the Happy Hour Sign. 😀

4. US Bank stadium?

5. Did they have the Mexicans put the displays together again? Glad I live in a place where Mexicans only exist in Mexican restaurants.

6. I love the long distance shots in the beginning, but get a stabilizing gimbal, or better stabilization for your handheld camera. Please lol

7. Matt love your videos. Just a couple things that I disagree. First thing yes houses need to breath sorry done a ton of remodels with plastic over unfaced insulation every one has mold. Sorry go back to faced insulation. That is why sheet rock company's came out with fiberglass back. Second why don't the majority of builders go thru all this insulation and then put in the cheapest windows and doors. Sorry spend the money and due your research on windows and doors that's a huge hole in the house not the walls. Would love to see a video on that.

8. You could flip that Z Bar 180* and it would function as a horizontal subgurt. You don’t need to run Z Bar vertically.

9. If you hit 400k Subscribers, will you buy a gimbal?

10. lots on new construction love to see some more on products geared to say older homes that have shiplap instead of plywood/osb for instance. im looking at my options for my 1920's home witch has siding at end of life and needs to come off and looking at waterproofing and building envilope sealing. it goes into the -40's in the winter here

11. I wonder if anyone got angry or upset by seeing you damage their displays

12. Stop hiring illegals would be a good start. I’m convinced that 2 layers of felt on T&G 5” board is better than any of this stuff.

13. Hey Matt, seems like there are many peel & stick products, fluid applied. In your opinion does these products being so easy to use create a builder carpenter to care less about workmanship cause they know they can just apply the easy to use products.

14. It is great to see all those mockups, but which do you reckon is the best for the pacific north west Matt? Can you do video comparing all these wall assemblies, cost per sqft, climate etc.

15. Matt, please stop holding the camera — or get a steady cam. The shaky "selfie" filming is hard to watch.

16. Great video. Only one question how did u know it was TPO and not PVC??

17. Cool 👍

18. Poop emojis? Retarded society! Real information and entrrtainment not this fake poop meme culture… Seriously denigrating

19. Nice as always!

20. The metal flashing used to hold up the rock wool seems really nice (and expensive). It seems thermal bridging from the metal contradicts Joe Lstiburek's advice to coat insulation on the outside rather than stuff it between the ribs of a house. I have been following the Matt's videos for years to learn the practical application of Building Science in a home that I would like to build. After watching this video it occurred to me that Matt may be directing his videos to favor his sponsors, which I am sure have great products, but it may exclude many products and systems with equal or better solutions, that do not sponsor videos. Matt is really good, and I consider him an expert, so this observation is not an indictment of the content, I make the comment/question to provide perspective for me as an inexperienced builder.