Bathroom Remodeling

Rest room Remodeling Task Component 6 [Durock and Silestone tub surround install]

View Component 7 in the Toilet Transform Sequence:

Read overall remodeling article listed here:

Carpenter and builder Rob Robillard from features tips on lavatory transforming.

This video is portion 6 of a many aspect movie series currently being filmed as we remodel a toilet. This episode discounts with plaster and durock, a shower mud floor, Silestone tub surround and floor warmth.

Stop by Rob’s website wherever he shares his market schooling and working experience to provide methods to your issues and to make ideal Pro suggestions for obtaining merchandise, resources and accessories.

supply

1. Why did you install Durock on bottom of tub drop-in?

2. Joint compound on the corners of your shower before you waterproof is all I needed to hear before I stopped listening to this guy.

3. Can you move a toilet?

4. Can you move a toilet?

5. Thank you so much for explaining in your videos. I have only watch 3-4 but videos so far. Haven't looked away one time! Haha.. but I'm getting ready to finish our mast bath and so far this looms exactly like how I wanted mine….even the layout! (Blessing maybe?)
    The way you explain everything is awesome. ….I just can't think of words for it besides awesome. ….lol
    Thank you….and I just subscribed to your email news letter!!!

6. So I have one question before I do the frame for a corner jetted tub, Do I need to tub present for correct measurements?

7. Hey rob, love your videos! I am an average joe doing a remodel on my basement bathroom. I have just finished installing my durock in the shower and was wondering is hydroban a must? I would rather save the money but I want my work to last. I guess my question is, is durock and hydroban "insurance" or can I get away with just durock? Thank you and again love your videos!

8. Thanks guys appreciate the feedback

9. I really like that you highlight how certain parts of a project are dependent on others and if a long-lead item gets delayed it can push the whole schedule back. Pros know that but it's something the DIY-ers don't realize until they're in the thick of it.

10. Installing a shower mud floor and Silestone tub surround

11. Bathroom remodeling series:  waterproof shower floor, Silestone tub surround and radiant electric heat