Waterproofing

Exterior Waterproofing, Full How To for Do It By yourself Homeowners, by Apple Drains

Basis waterproofing. Anything you want to know. Footer, Liquid Rubber, Discharge to daylight, gravel, in which to place pipe. A really complete guidebook. Excellent challenge for weekend.

Apple Drains
Drainage Contractors
www.AppleDrains.com

Trusted & Advised
by Your Neighbors
because 1997

We Do It Day-to-day!

New – Orlando Business office
(321) 200-0685

Property & Yard

Reside Support
Video clip Conferencing
Get The Help You Need
program your Live Assist

Do it yourself foundation waterproofing

1. If I was a quota job how much would I charge from beginning to end? Thank you.

2. forgot the filter cloth

3. wow that soil is pretty red.

4. Doesn’t the pipe need to be elevated back upwards at the end of the driveway?

5. At @9:14 you are applying the fiber coated material on the seam. Is this the same as the liquid rubber you are applying @9:33 you are applying liquid rubber to the brick wall?

6. Great video. Nice job. Painful to watch those manual backhoes at work, tho. One word: Bobcat 😂 Thx! Got the same problem.

7. Awesome vid, I got a problem in my yard and searching for solution and got hooked! Not sure i would have the balls to do it myself. Greetings from Maryland!

8. What kind of fabric do pros recommend using? I am finding that just any landscaping fabric sold at Wal Mart or Home Depot is of really sh”””y quality. It will decompose in a year or two.

9. How come you don’t use the sock over the pipe?

10. Thank you

11. Great work fellas, and thank you for sharing.

12. Awesome video! Best out, thank you!

13. I like this guy

14. I'm learning/saving big cash do it yourselfer – Thanks Chuck for sharing your light – Good job guys !

15. I want to lay a French drain in clay silty soil behind retaining wall what it be better to wrap the pipe and gravel or not?

16. I'm getting ready to run a drain for my garage so I've been watching some videos of yours..

i bet you're an awesome boss to work for ..all your videos are uplifting..

keep up the videos, guys like you are changing the world for the little people like me! they're much appreciated !

17. The problem I am having, is that when the snow melts, it floods out my garage. So, what would work to stop that, the ground is froze in the winter up to 5-6 feet deep, so I don't think underground drainage pipes would work, or would they?

18. A concrete rake would work way better for pushing that dirt back in there.

19. If this was a house with a basement would you have to dig all the way down to the footer even if the damage was on the floor joists towards the top of the basement wall? I assume our drain tiles/sump pump are working well, but there's some standing water by the foundation causing this.

20. good video

21. You are damn good at what you do. Very nice

22. That’s a lot of work for 1day you got a good crew, nice job

23. u do a great job

24. i wish i could have u come to chippewa lake ohio or even medina ohio. my wife is from indian trail nc

25. Thank you for the great how-to. I recently discovered that the drainage around my foundation and bulkhead is all screwed up, leading to some water penetration in my basement. Refinishing the basement is a costly thing that I was hoping to do in 5 years, not 3 months… and while I'll have to hire a mason to re-do the hardscaping (that's sloped to get all of the water on my patio right against my basement window), I feel much better about using trenching and gravel to waterproof my exterior.

26. That's because the utilities are on the other side. Always call 811 before you dig! Thanks

27. Do you not call to have buried utilities checked before you dig your trenches? Didn't see any utility markings.

28. Awesome videos Chuck! Thanks

29. can anyone recommend a contractor who does this type of work in Northern NJ?

30. Thank you sooOO much Chuck!!! Not my field but taught me a DIY!!

31. wow this is fucking good why the fuck dont they do all houses like this

32. what about freezing? if you do this kind of work in areas that get snow and ice do you have to bury the drainage deeper to prevent freezing?

33. Chuck love you videos I wish you come back to a job when it pouring down rain and include it in video to really show folks the destructive power of Water. Just spent two years fighting city to get a 600 foot 6” tile running north against the natural flow. Lucky that it starts 3 feet below my yard and runs down .7 inches to outlet to District tile that had just been cleared and is a 12” drain that only has 4 inlets prior to exiting town and discharging into deep ditch that goes to creek 3 drains out of small town and most of town floods with standing water but I stood fast fought hard hired professional engineers and got it done. No more lake in my front yard when it pours Got to fight sometimes but nothing is impossible! The drain on my third connecting lot to North is 10 Feet deep ! Was a hell of a project but increased value of all my lots and no more septic problems and with building up slope around home that ties into tile and gutter system it’s finally done Thank you for your inspiring videos. I wish my project would of been as easy as this one! If one has no place to run drain to; don’t give up there is a way to solve problem. City would not let me go across street the legal way as backlash of 40 homes already having problems from that tile and it turned out for the best. I had to pay for the 600 Feet Of Pipe I signed and dated every darn piece of pipe in 3 places as it was installed in 2 days.

34. You should hire Mexicans. They will do hard labor cheap

35. Should have covered the pipe with fiber canvas to prevent small stones to cover the perforated tube during time..

36. 2b (#57s) gravel