Waterproofing

Deck More than A Flat Roof

I’ll be examining the Bison products pedestal and deck tile procedure on this episode of The Construct Clearly show!

Massive thanks to our Exhibit sponsors USG/Tremco, Polywall, Huber, Dorken Delta, Prosoco, Marvin Home windows, Rockwool & Endura for encouraging to make these movies probable! These are all trusted corporations that Matt has worked with for many years and trusts their products in the residences he builds.

1. wtf is he measuring at 5:13?

2. Anyone know how the price of Bison compares to conventional wood sleepers?

3. Can you install a rail system directly onto this system? If so, how is it attached and supported?

4. What do you do about leaves and debris that gets under the deck? Regular removal and cleaning?

5. How did those walls pass code height? With the deck they are now even lower.

6. I know a few contractors that need to see this.

7. if you find Ipe wood beautiful, you should see the trees in flower.

8. Just lost a bid to a guy who's doing this. My bid was for slate tile on top of torchdown. Our goal was for water to never penetrate the tile.

9. With this, you could run pool pvc pipes underneath for a rooftop pool

10. Would you recommend this for a penthouse with a lot of roof space around it. We are told that we can build a deck since it is part of the penthouse but they will need to have the roof inspected every year so they need something that can be removed. Will this be also be not noisy for our neighbors below?

11. Is there any reason I shouldn't lay evp plank flooring over an epdm "flat" roof?

Or if you'd prefer, is there any way this would be advisable?

I'm looking for an option for a lighter weight rooftop deck.

12. Your guys here on the video looks like they dont know what the hell are they doing. Clown show

13. Well done field guys straight ass line

14. what if you want a concrete deck over living space? How would you do that?;)

15. Guardrail? Minimum 36"….

16. great informative video as always. What's the S.F cost for installation of the bison's?

17. Those little plastic fins look pretty fragile, and the whole deck is not even anchored to the roof… what happens during a storm when there is uplift? Or what if some kind of lateral force causes the wood panels to misalign? I can imagine the 1/8 inch little black plastic fins breaking like twigs…

I’m just speculating though. Am I missing something obvious? Please someone tell me if and how I am wrong.

18. Glad you tube recommended this video. Need a deck completed soon

19. I hate TPO roof membranes you should have done a PVC roof membrane it's a lot better option why would even consider the TPO it's not great against the Texas high heat a UV exposure. TPO should have stayed in the landfills were it came from

20. I was skeptical at first sight, but looks like a fairly inexpensive and non-intensive way of flat decking an area like that. Still would have some concerns about the plastic standoffs, but since it's all modular as long as they're not expensive could always have a few extra just in case to shore up or fix broken pieces.

21. Do the the standoffs get adhered to the roof by any means?

22. I have this in an upcoming project, and thing special you would recommend for the TPO or the iso under it?

23. Can you tell me what they are doing with their tapes at 3:16 and 5:19. If they were measuring to get to a proper height wouldn't they have it on the base not the top. It's frustratingly dumb looking.

24. Marvelous! @4:00 Matt addressed my worry about "remove-ability of palette" in case of need to unplug scupper, drain, etc., from leaf litter or vermin infestation.

25. I wonder if so much depth is needed. This is probably spec for this specific product but if there were a standoff product that requires only an inch or two from the roof surface (not including the depth of the deck boards) then a guard rail may not be required to be added…

26. Height NOT HeighTH.

27. Hey Matt! How was the parapet siding finished over the membrane? Also, how was the roof's ventilation handled? I have a similar rooftop terrace over my garage but I'm struggling to get decent finish on the edges of the parapet without having to put an aluminum fascia that will cover the edges of my tiles (and the top of my brick parapet). Thanks for the input! Btw, good job on this roof deck!

28. On the build show!!! That deck system is awesome. Great video. Liked seeing the install details.

29. I need one of those shirts !!

30. Height… Not Heighth.