Bathroom Remodeling

1950s TUB TO SHOWER CONVERSION

Aged design and style bathroom where I acquire out above 2000 kilos of product & build a shower where bathtub was..and switch where the toilet as soon as was to create a rest room closet
HOW TO BUST UP TUB

1. IF THIS WAS HELPFUL PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO ME PATREON OR PAYPAL..THANK YOU !
    https://www.patreon.com/starrtile for Patreon or StarrTile@yahoo.com for PayPal

2. I would have kept that old tub, put black/white hexagon tiles on the floor and installed a deco-looking vanity, but each to his own.

3. Interesting about the razor drop thing. Thanks for video!

4. lol i never heard chipmunks sang that song before

5. Wow, I wonder how much that project cost.

6. I think I would have used a pocket door rather than a bi-fold door.

7. It was a huge mistake to trow out our old bath tub and buy shower cabin. It's so much easier and more convenient to wash yourself in bath tub instead of shower cabin or any shower in general.

8. How do you bid this kind of work given the fact that unknown unforeseen problems arise?

9. Holy crap, I have that same bathroom.

10. That was a nice looking original bathroom. They built them to last back then. I had one just like it but my wife couldn't live with it. It's been gutted and replaced. Women.

11. maybe its just me, but i find comfort in those beautiful old bathrooms. Reminds me of Grandmas house. Although i do hate builders grade white subway tile. so maybe this is that tile in its day.

12. Do you mind me asking how much this cost?

13. Bob your videos have helped me out with ideas and what to do and what not to do.

Can you red guard over paint? Would you simply sand paper it to rough it then apply it. Then tile over it? Or tear it all out and put up green board. I have a similar vintage house with 1" or so walls. Its 1/4" drywall with 3/4" or so of sanded plaster.
    I'd much rather like to not have to smash that stuff out just to tile over a painted wall.

On those subway tiles what thickness of grout lines. Can you go wider than the built in nubs.

Thanks in advance.

14. I just pulled out a medicine cabinet like that this week. Had about 800 blades back in the wall! Oh and you should see the tile work in this house. It would definitely make the "how not to do it list"! And they paid someone to do it……OMG!!!

15. That subway tile is waffled bad!

16. a tub that has the look and feel of cast-iron but lined with steel is called amercast love the vids always learn something keep up the great work

17. Incredible job! The result looks great.. It is an odd choice to have a toilet closet instead of linen/bathroom closet.

18. yes i had that happen too….on a bathroom remodel i took out the cabinet and found hundreds of razor blades too….same type of slot…….

19. Great video. What did you use for the floor?

20. Wow, your tile work looks amazing and all that work in 12 days would take me a month. I would have liked to see a little more breakdown of step buy step of the different phases of the job, but great video, you always seem to explain using great detail. Just wondering why are the receptacles and switches horizontal, I have never seen that in a bathroom 25 years of doing electrical work? And believe me there have been, let's say some challenging houses, you know speaker wire for receptacles and switches and such. The only time I have seen it is in the old houses for the receptacles when they are down in the molding.
    thanks,