Bathroom Remodeling

Remodeling Our Laptop Room – Component 2

Get the carpet ripped up, Ethernet rerouting, get the laminate flooring put in, add the shoe molding, paint the molding, get some Ikea home furnishings and BAM! Space accomplished!

1. Nice solution to not drilling through the wall, Kris. I always find it fascinating (and useful) that a lot of the US-style houses have that open space underneath the house so you can get in there and run cables & pipework through. The foundations of most British houses are built right into the ground so we don't have that option – if I wanted to get at the wiring in our walls I'd literally have to take the plaster off the walls. Is the Kraftwerk-esque tune during the furniture-building montage one of yours? Nice work. Great job on the room too!

2. Great job Chris and Marissa!

3. When Ikea delivers do they bring meatballs?

4. The old flashlight in the electrical box trick. I did that once with a gap in my garage where mice were getting in. Curses! The room looks great. Amazing how the hardwood really brings the room together.

5. You guys are amazing……would be nice to know where and how you picked all this savoir-faire up.

6. Is there anything that you can’t do Kris??? Hang, you can even bake.

7. Looks great Kris! Nothing more satisfying than finishing a product and it coming out great. Kudos to you.

8. This was truly entertaining… Better than anything on Home And Garden TV!
    Bravo work on the project AND the video itself! Kudos for the work you put into both! The results of both things show it!

9. Fantastic! It is such an AWESOME feeling to get a project like that done.

10. It looks great Chris!!!! Great job!!!! Happy Belated to Melissa too. Take care

11. You folk'ssssssssss did a nice job! Looks like a nice room to chill in, I wanted to watch you play the video game, lol. One thing I might add, if that is a wood laminate floor, you might want to put a clear plastic pad down, the wheels on the chair will tear it up over time. Enjoy the room and Happy belated birthday to Marissa. Thanks

12. Looks great my friend!

13. Happy belated, Marissa! Ha, 5:59! Wow, the room looks amazing now! Well done, sir. And nice quote from the Room. LMAO. Peace.

14. The room looks great! We also use a dual-band router and while the 5G signal seems more stable/less prone to interference, not all the gear in the house picks up 5G. If the house were all one level above ground I’d definitely run Ethernet everywhere, but it isn’t and I don’t want to tear into walls. Oh, the colors in that computer room really look great. Well done!

Cheers, Tom

15. Nice work! Bang out job. And you definitely managed to brighten that room up.

16. Hey Kris and Marissa, Going into the innards….with the forceps…. 😉 Wonderful job here! Like that flooring and how easily (relatively) it goes together. I'm even more overdue to upgrade my monitor…it's an old tube piece! For a time half my 'furniture' was TV trays, ha. Very handy for sure. Love the time-lapse part. Appreciate the inspiration here….now gotta get to work on my own…Room looks terrific! -Carm

17. Great work.. looks nice and clean. Congrats !

18. Hell of a transformation! It turned out great!

19. Looks great. Thanks, Chris

20. Kris, I kind of zipped through these videos because I have to hit the hay soon, but I really like what you've done. I've been going through a similar situation with my computer/music room. After months of tip-toeing through a maze of records stacked every possible way, I finally broke down and invested in some Ikea cubes for the vinyl and some adjustable closet shelving for my growing CD collection. Vacuumed up about 6 years worth of dust bunnies from behind my desk and scraped up way too much dried cat puke from parts of the carpet I haven't seen in years. Still trying to declutter to fit all my music without feeling cramped. I had to donate a bunch of my old architecture and history books to make room for records. (I have a growing suspicion I'll probably be donating a bunch of records in 6 years to make room for something else as my interests evolve). Glad you shared this.