Kitchen Cabinet

How To Enhance Kitchen Cabinet Doorways

Section of the renovation of a mates kitchen was changing the outdated particle board doors. These had swelled from dampness and have been falling apart on the corners. I changed them with some 16mm MDF panels and basic hinges. This was a very easy take care of in the globe of cabinetry but the appear is pretty skilled.

New cupboard doors and counter tops have turned this into a good hunting kitchen area, fit for sale.

Intrigued in modifying a benchtop?

If I can, YOU CAN!

Comply with me on Fb:

Many thanks for looking at

supply

1. Honestly hated it and I bet you did too. Would you buy something like? Yeah it looks better but buyers are going open the doors and puke. Sorry my comments on you tube are never mean but come on. That kitchen is so small it couldn’t have cost too much to buy a few pre fab cabinets.

2. Your doors outshine the cases….. Your "rehab" is, at least, functional….!??!

3. Those cabinets are in extremely bad shape. I guess the budget was very very low because the interior part of the cabinet looked like it had significant water damage too. I guess the new cabinet face helped the outer appearance but what about the rotting wood on the unside. It doesnt look like it will hold up to the weight of pots and pans. It looks very filthy too. Hopefully you replaced the inside cabinet shelves as well.

4. OMG talk about budget! Why use water absorbing MDF in a kitchen? Those hinges are so budget & I haven't seen those type of latches for years. Get into the modern world mate.

5. I hear a solution of water and wood glue primed over mdf doors can basically make it waterproof…can you confirm? or recommend how else to protect mdf doors from moisture exposure? cheers, awesome vid!

6. Really Cool

7. MDF? After the original were water damaged? I used to build garage cabinets for a small company back in the day, and let me tell you, MDF does not like water. This was a poor choice for kitchen cabinets. I guess if you're on that tight of a budget, it will work..but holy hell, I'd rather spend just an extra $5 per board and get actual plywood. Will last significantly longer.

8. I would humbly like to add that the clips should be closer to the hadles, for the sake of weaker points.. maybe the hinges.
    Can u picture what I mean?

9. nice job Robin.

10. Good work man

11. looks good robin! I did this in my old house to spruce it up before selling it.