Bathroom Remodeling

How to Make Attic More substantial by Adding Exterior Wall – Big Remodeling Venture

Click on this backlink for extra info about house additions, remodeling and attic renovations. Hold in intellect that the examples in this video may well not work for your specific design project. This online video will give you with a few different approaches you can raise the roof and include an exterior wall to an attic in buy to raise the inside house. This is a key reworking challenge and will demand a structural engineer.

1. What about if your foundation is a slab foundation? Would you need to add extra support below the foundation where the pier would be mounted?

2. I like how you use graphics (an animated model) and the skeleton of the house to explain expanding. It's fun to see people actually remodel a house/home, but such videos really don't demonstrate the process. Thanks for sharing this information.

3. I cannot find any lumber where every knot lines up you are amazing

4. Can we add a pointy top to the exterior wall?

5. Can you raise both sides instead of just one?

6. i have a question. I am considering buying a 28×29' brick garage with what looks like 12 foot walls. Would this be a large enough interior space to put essentially a furnished apartment on the inside with most of the apartment in a second floor loft?

7. Steel ridge

8. The addict lol

9. How much would something like this cost? I'm trying to find space to put in a golf simulator. I was thinking about raising the roof in my attic, but I would need at least 11 foot ceilings.

10. I have a question, we have a barn that was built in 89. its a simple 17×11 ft barn with 16 on center 2×4 walls. it also has a second story "attic" space used for storage and there is a lot of stuff stored up there currently. the exterior siding is also the sheathing. I want to replace the siding and possible replace it with OSB and moisture barrier and then new siding. I'm also planning to extend the rear of the barn out by opening up one of the exterior walls. my concern is that removing the siding and taking out one of the walls might remove any shear support from the structure and the whole thing would collapse laterally because of the weight up top. what do I need to do to brace this and is this a dangerous job to try and do?

11. Hey Greg. What would be the price point for something like fortifying the footing that goes "all the way across"?

12. I did something like this. I used a 10 inch steel I beam and let the rafters sit on them. It works very well.

13. Hey greg, what program are you using for your examples? Am I better using another program with small remodel plans and various examples to use when bidding?
    Thanks enjoy the videos hope I didn't miss this information somehow.

14. I have built a couple room additions like this inhabiting the attic. my house has truss rafters I hate it. Its limits what you can do. if I were to cut out the ceiling joist part of my trust after would my roof fall in? about 4 feet on one side on five trusses? I kinda already know the answer but