Waterproofing

This Pink Stuff is The Mystery to ICF Waterproofing

Your most effective decision in waterproofing a foundation and ICF builds! Matt talks about how to prevail over the challenging specifics of waterproofing an Insulated Concrete Fashioned residence.

Polywall Home Extend Membrane –

The Subsequent Generation in Climate Barrier Technology –

Be confident to hit the Subscribe button! New Establish Show movies each individual Tuesday and Friday. Stick to Matt on Instagram right here:

The Develop Display retail store on Amazon has all Matt’s Favourite Device and Books.

supply

1. Risinger seems to just demonstrate technical approaches while believing without question the marketing claims of suppliers and business interests. I have never seen a single instance of science in any of his "building science" presentations. "Science" is just another disingenuous marketing claim to obtain an undeserved authority. I've been to many seminars too and occasionally there might have been a sentence or two of science in a few. My original degrees were in an empirical science, on top of chemistry, so I recognize its absence and it's presence. It isn't present in these presentations any more than showing a rock is geology.

2. When Paul-y Wall start making building materials??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6-Ign08bmQ

3. I would like to see more on the Drainage Material. I am thinking of doing this type of ICF home . But I would like to cover the entire home with birt.

4. Way, way too many points of failure.

5. My girlfriend asked me what is a ICF? I told her it's Insulated Concrete Form . . . Like a boss

6. Is it me or does it sound like the poly wall system is better then the zip system and the tyvek system is the redheaded step child of the bunch?

7. Doing it on my home in black mountain NC.

8. cool video!! question can you use a sprayer to put up the pink? then roll it in??? or can you use a power feed powered paint roller???
    can the pink be used on any white foam??

9. It would be so easy for polywall to add UV protection to their product. How dumb are they. Also it would be nice if they had much larger sheets.it woud be nice to have a giant roll or something oh well.

10. Wow this is next level waterproofing! I will definitely look into using this system when I build my off grid dream home.

11. So if you lived in a colder climate could you put something like the zip system osb with 2” attached foam insulation on the outside?

12. How do you know where the hard points and extra hard points are on your wall when the Polly wall wall is up

13. Most concrete basements I've seen don't have any water-proofing. Is it a big mistake no to water-proof? Surely the footers on even this ICF project are not waterproofed…

14. Why wouldn't they lap it horizontally instead of vertically

15. Even the decent channels stoop to click-bait thumbnails and title overlays. Risinger's crew has been trying it for some time.

16. Is there any Fluid-applied WRB that works directly with the EPS surface?

17. Can the primer be sprayed ?

18. Is that blue stuff polyurea?

19. how can we trust what you say when you are being sponsored by the very people who make the product?

Only reviews of products that are NOT sponsored can be trusted.

20. That stuff is not 40mm thick, maybe 4mm.

21. My question is termites. I've seen termites build channels through Styrofoam to get at wood several feet above. They stay moist and warm on their journey to lunch. Will the foam on these walls act as a conduit for termites ?

22. I was wondering cost in materials and labor just to have it sprayed with a closed cell polyurethane foam. You get higher R values per inch 6.5 vs open cell foam of 3.7 per inch as well as no penetration from water etc thus eliminating the extra labor and materials for the outside barrier.. I know the spray is more expensive but only needs 1 laborer to apply and can be done in 1 step. Thx.

23. Planning on retiring to the Augusta GA area. Can anyone direct me to an architect and ICF builder that really knows their stuff?

24. What parts are not needed if you are just doing above ground?

25. I would think if you caulked all the joints, that would be 1 step, then that waterproofing paint you put on is 2nd, then those sheeting products i think is 3rd level ov water proofing.. Well done and i like that those sheets overlap 6" plus they're flexible. ..
    That's what i would want if there was serious water, depending on my property. . if I have a lake or pond maybe something extreme underground. .

26. Perfect , i love it

27. Can you airless spray the primer?

28. Would really like to see this installed in cold, windy and humid conditions, like here in Scandinavia 😄 – all products looks good on a summer day…..

29. Common sense? Ring a bell? And or life experience?……… you have 6in of monopour concrete maybe 8 …… etc. water is not going to blast it’s way in. It finds the easiest path of flow. U got 2 inch foam then6 inch concrete and 2 inch foam again. All this useless shit u promote is a waste of money and time. But hey I get it it’s your job to feed trash to retards

30. Wouldn’t best practice imply placing the PolyWall horizontally with shingle overlap between sheets?

This way rainwater will not be able to get under the stick & peel sheets.

31. guys you don't need all of that just use this product “Everdure “CALTITE” Hydrophobic
    Pore‐blocking Ingredient (HPI).

32. How would that primer work in a bath shower? dry time sounds a lot faster is this something that I would waterproof the interior of a shower wall before I tile it?

33. I use lite deck when I add concrete roof or decks to my icf houses I build

34. I use form a drain for my footers on my icf houses

35. I know termites don't eat the Styrofoam but they do tunnel in and live in the Styrofoam. This allows them to tunnel up and into your house unseen. I know this from first hand knowledge.