Bathroom Remodeling

Bathroom Rework 55 – Solid Iron Tub Set up

In this video clip, my nephew and I put in a Kohler K838 solid iron tub in the bathroom (Yeah, last but not least!).

***Note: In contrast to a lot of other tub elements, this cast iron tub was merely designed degree by putting in shims less than the ft for each Kohler’s instructions. No screws or nails are essential to keep it in position:

👉 Go to our web-site ►

👉 Simply click to Subscribe! ►

🔧▬▬Tools and Materials▬▬🔧
👉 Do-it-yourself Apprentice Advised Tools and Supplies ►

✔️ Drain facts:
The rest room fixtures are Grohe Agira brushed nickel, but Grohe will not make a complementary drain. This satin nickel drain is nearly an correct match ►

✔️ Watco 924 squander and overflow kit ►
✔️ Watco 916 waste and overflow package ►

✔️ The digital trap I employed caught the rat the identical working day I posted this video clip. Labored fantastic – verify it out! ►
Very similar traps:

📷▬▬Video Equipment▬▬📷
✔️ Digital camera applied ►
✔️ Lens utilised ►
✔️ Tripod ►
✔️ RAM Suction Mount ►
✔️ Cyberlink PowerDirector ►
✔️ Adobe Photoshop ►
✔️ Camera Slider ►

👍▬▬Follow Us on Social Media▬▬👍
✔️ Fb ►
✔️ Twitter ►
✔️ Instagram ►

Disclosure: This video clip is made up of affiliate hyperlinks, indicating, at no supplemental value to you, I will receive a fee if you simply click through and make a obtain.

1. The Teflon makes it easy for the threads to slip and get eaten up

2. Those slip joints don’t need any Teflon. The point of the deal is at the was using compr

3. Thanks for showing this. I'm just finished mine. I have a small comment – at 11:00 in, you suggest using teflon tape on the threads of a compression lock nut. This is not a good idea. The lock nut presses the ring tightly between the tube and seat. That is what makes the seal, not the threads on the nut itself. In the example you show last, the ring and nut are one, but it doesn't matter. The seal is made by the nut between the tube and the seat. Teflon tape just makes it harder to provide enough pressure to make a good seal. If anything, a little lubricant on the compression nut threads will make it easier to tighten down (though on an ABS fitting with a polypropylene nut, I am not sure what the best choice of lubricant would be).

4. Call Terminix

5. I have a question… how do you trim your hardibacker into the small flares on the tub surround as it doesn't have a nice lap like a modern tub?

6. Great video. Appreciate it! I've done a bunch of the junky plastic ones and now I'm putting a 70s american standard in my home. Iron!

7. Jesus bless you

8. make more videos 🙂

9. Your video explanation is very exacting. I would, however like to know how you got the bathtub in the bathroom and managed to fit it between the walls. You video shows the bathtub already set between the walls and all you had to do was to push it in place. I was thinking of using a come-along attached to the overhead rafters and the vent hole of the tub to lower the bathtub in place. In any case, very good tutorial.

10. Reiterating this point: Per Kohler's instructions, this cast iron tub is made level by placing shims under the feet – nothing more is required to set it in place. I used junction box covers and later added a piece of sheet metal on top of the junction box covers and under one of the feet because of slight rocking that developed. https://www.us.kohler.com/webassets/kpna/catalog/pdf/en/1084177_2.pdf
    Correction: As pointed out by a couple viewers of the video, no teflon tape should be included on the slip joints for the tub drain.

11. You are showing how to plumb a tub. Your title shows how to install a cast iron tub. There is no room to put screws in the wall. So How DID YOU SET THE TUB and LEVEL it? That is the installation part of INSTALLING a tub.

12. The rat in the crawl space was caught the same day this video was posted. See the description for the electronic trap I used.