Bathroom Remodeling

How to Remove a Bathtub Properly!! (Move-by-Phase) — by House Fix Tutor

Nowadays you will learn how to remove a bathtub. Originally I was heading to continue to keep this tub. But decided to demo it. And boy am I Content that occurred. The new tub looks brilliant and the a person in present day tutorial was worse than I believed.

For a comprehensive supply list stop by

For far more innovative bathroom remodeling take a look at

What’s the 1st stage to removing a bathtub?

It is a easy a single: insert duct tape to the drain.
That way particles will not clog your pipes.

Next, transform the water and electric powered off to the residence.
Drain the water from the pipes by turning on faucet in the kitchen.

Take out the shower curtain & rod, shower head, shower handles and tub spout.

If you are retaining the shower head use a rag more than the nut to reduce your channel locks from scratching the finish.

In modern tutorial you may see 3 shower handles and how to get rid of them. I also give you tiny idea on shower leaks.

Tub spouts either have a set screw or they you should not. Loosen set screws then change the spout counterclockwise. Mine did not have a established screw.

Now for the enjoyment part of a bathtub demo: the surround.

Rating all the silicone caulk. Wedge a super bar between the encompass and wall utilizing a hammer. Pry the surround loose.

You can use a reciprocating saw at the corners to cut the encompass and thoroughly pry it loose.

I had to pound off plaster and remove drywall that was driving the encompass. It was not seeking good.

At the time the encompass is taken out you can choose the tub plumbing apart. I minimize the copper pipes with an AutoCut software and taken off the overflow and drain working with fundamental tools.

To see the comprehensive tutorial on how to remove a bathtub test out the online video

Hope you liked the facts in the movie.

If you want a composed tutorial go to House Repair service Tutor.

You are going to come across a specific supply record there.

resource

1. I bought my first home 3 yrs ago and now I'm trying to remodel my bathroom by myself and yes I'm a girl who does everything herself, I don't like 2 have 2 rely on other or spend way 2 much

2. Watched your video. Very informative. Redoing a bathroom taking a bathtub out and putting a shower in involving removing ceramic tiles on a 70s home. Definitely would enjoy the M18 tool. Looks like I will enjoy watching more of your videos.

3. I would like to remove my tub and put up a shower in its place

4. Hey man I’ve been watching your videos all night I just want to say thank you for all the knowledge and tips and I’m glad to hear you own properties in Pittsburgh that’s where I am from and I think I am going to start flipping houses here pretty soon !! Again thank you so much and God bless… please keep posting videos

5. Replacing an old, steel, pink bathtub, the tiling and walls and replacing everything with new. First step is taking out the old…thanks to this video!

6. what respirator are you using?

7. Buying a new house and I want to replace the bathroom. The saw would come in handy to redo the floor and walls.

8. Hi Jeff . I am a single woman who just purchased my first home all by myself. My bathroom needs a remodel as it is very old and I am on a tight budget and have to learn and do many things on my own . I thought your video was outstanding and easy to follow so thank you for sharing it. I am not very strong so the sawzaw you use would be a miracle for me as I do have to demo my shower and tub on my own . Not in the budget to hire someone because I will have to purchase a new tub and wall liners and hire someone to install it. I can’t tell you how much I would appreciate a proper tool for the many projects I have ahead. Please consider me for this giveaway and thank you for the video. Sincerely, Lisa . I am in PA and can be reached at 579-590-8156 . Only have until end of month to get out of my apartment and need a working shower .

9. I need this M18 Sawsall because I inherited my mother's ancient concrete block house in the country. I want to live here, but the bathroom is disgusting. I put a tub surround in it back in1983 trying to improve the looks for her. She jus passed away July 8th…94 years young. Anyway, the water does not turn off. The tub is rusty in spots so I know it's probably cast iron and pure ugly. I can't afford to pay to have this done. With a Sawsall and You Tube, I can do this! I'M ONLY 64 AND FEMALE, BUT HEY…I'M NOT SCARED! HOOK ME UP AND HELP ME OUT. I'LL MAKE A VIDEO!

10. I will be replacing a walk-in tube with a new regular tube and it's surrounding. I sure would be nice to own that reciprical saw with out a chord

11. This video is amazingly helpful. It is very similar to the project in working on. I have to remove the whirlpool tub in my very first house because the walls are completely rotted. That saw would make an amazing difference that the hand tool i have to use. Keep making these awesome videos, I have a lot of work to do lol.

12. Camp fire survivor. Helping elderly parents get their new home livable. All tools burned to ash in camp fire out of California. Paradise. Really help to get the saw. Thanks.

13. I am amazed that american houses are made of cheap wood. Must cost about a fiver to put together. Surely wall noise is absolutely terrible?

14. Hello. I just got married this past weekend and the first thing on the to do list is repair our subflooring and remove our tub and install a shower stall. It's a first time DYI major project and we could use that M18…or any help!

15. We have never take out or replace a tub before so I wanted to get the professional way of taking out a bath tub. The video was great in showing me and my husband how this should be done. When we finish I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks Jeff

16. Nice video . Very straightforward and easy to follow.

17. Great video Jeff. I am replacing my tub (old one was a heavy jacuzzi type). The new one is a simple drop in design with a separate skirt. Having a lot of problems getting the tub to correct height to slip in the skirt, and then have it barely resting on the surrounding support ledge. I am working with cord powered tools, so moving to cordless would be great and certainly something to consider, especially because they are a lot lighter and a lot of the work requires single hand operation. thanks again for the great video.

18. Redoing my bathroom as well 😀

19. Thank u so much

20. I am working on a tub to shower conversion. The new saw will really come in handy. gsanders4@satx.rr.com

21. Great tips. Removing a Jacuzzi tub and replacing it with a walk in shower.

22. I need the saw I'm working on a tub removal project it will be great for me to have that tool.

23. Removing 66 yr old tub

24. Removing our bath to put a shower cubicle in

25. taken out old cast iron tub to fix pipes and flooring and then putting tub back in place. Thanks for your tips.

26. Oops saw 5hat you already gave it away. Oh well.

27. Remodeling two bathrooms. Removing a Jetted tub to put a shower only, and finishing a shower in the other bathroom

28. Hi. I really liked your video. You were detailed even in such a short video. It was to the point, and I liked the way you did it yourself. I'm going to be replacing mine, cause everything in nearly thirty years old in my home and my tub now how a crack in the fiberglass. I've got to get a cordless for sure. Thanks.

29. I am replacing tub myself!!!! Thank you for sharing your knowledge. So excited to start

30. Hi, I’m replacing my tub and replacing rotted studs, etc., then will remodel my bathroom up stairs too!, and I could really use that M18 !.
    Nice video, keep up the good work!
    Thank you !