Waterproofing

How to Halt Drinking water from Moving into your Basement with DRYLOK® Masonry Waterproofer

Enjoy this online video and, for far more information and facts, pay a visit to us at ugl. com

So, let’s say you have an unfinished basement and you want to transform it into usable, livable room. But you have 1 significant challenge and that problem is this drinking water, far more particularly h2o seepage, from the exterior coming in and it’s wetting almost everything. Properly, there is a easy resolution to that and it is a answer that you can complete in a weekend. This is what it is, DRYLOK® Masonry Waterproofer, now it’s so straightforward to place on and all over again you can set it on in a weekend.
It operates on cement block walls just like this and all kinds of masonry prior to you do it however you will need to make this simple take a look at. Acquire a 12” x 12” piece of aluminum foil tightly on all 4 edges to an inside basement wall. Eliminate it following numerous days, when you check out the test and it you obtain that you have water on the inside the foil or on the wall side like this you have seepage h2o coming by from the outdoors, you require DRYLOK®. If you have water on the inside of the foil then you have condensation, by the way, both equally of these complications can arise at the exact same time. If you do have condensation then you require to run a dehumidifier in that space.
Now we’re going to go outside and examine for drainage complications that may possibly build this issue. Check out for leaking gutters and downspouts, blocked drainage pipes or inappropriate grading that directs ground h2o runoff toward your foundation, now I’ll put together the area to be waterproofed by eliminating any unfastened mortar, dust and grime with a wire brush. Now a great tip before applying a patching product is to soaked the area exactly where you are going to be operating, fill any holes and cracks with a speedy setting hydraulic cement like DRYLOK® Quickly Plug. Be certain to seal the ground and wall joint which are often missed as a supply for water seepage with all solutions read and adhere to the manufacturer’s guidance.
The worst enemy of waterproofing items is this, it’s referred to as efflorescence and it appears as a white powdery residue on the floor. It will come from pure developing salt that is presently in the masonry and will make its way to the surface area, but we need to get rid of all this just before we do any waterproofing. To get it off use muriatic acid or DRYLOK® Etch, according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Be confident to observe the warning labels since you are applying an acid, rinse thoroughly and make it possible for to dry.
Ok, now we are ready to water-resistant and now to do this, you are going to want to use a excellent quality synthetic bristle paintbrush. You will acquire the DRYLOK®, it’s not like putting on paint you require to truly do the job this into the pores of the block. So relatively than brushing on like paint, you’ll want to brush back again and forth obtaining all these pores and fill them in genuinely good. DRYLOK® will work by penetrating the surface pores, it fills them, expands as it dries and gets to be element of the wall to sort a tricky water-resistant barrier that is certain to stop drinking water, even underneath force. So I don’t want to go away any pinholes open or unfold it far too skinny. That is all there is to it, right after 24 several hours use a second coat with possibly a brush or roller. So you see there seriously is no rationale that you have to live with a drab, moist basement.

supply

1. Yeah drylok is a joke.

2. is it valid for internal wet wall in a cellar??
    thanks

3. maybe new gutters but not having much FAITH in people doing the JOB right.

4. my crawl space is making me crazy, i do not know how to grade the dirt outside. installed sump pump, do not know if they did it right, last rain can see water seeping in south wall. Who do i call,,, to stop this mess? had another plastic barrier put down, not sure he did that right, half a crawl space he ran it halfway up the foundation, ohter half not even completely over footer,, know i need new french drain on south side, found the old one, it is mostly plugged up with dirt, but was still draining and coming around the corner to the house and running water right in the crawl space door. extended that pipe, thought that would fix that.. but nope,, so now have pulled dirt Away from house, and getting a better fitting crawl space door, I need help guys

5. Will this help with continuous sharting?

6. i Drylok'd my wife's coochie …

7. Man I the best thank you very much

8. I dont like drylock because mold grow on it

9. I doubt anyone followed his instructions exactly. Doesn't matter, I just replay over and over to hear his voice. Daddy issues? Maybe….. ahhhh. But I really do have some seepage issues.

10. Does it work the same for the floors

11. will this work on a wall with paint?

12. Judging from the comments this video is false advertisement … Thanks for helping me keep my money in my pocket

13. Teddy Atlas anyone? Lol

14. Simple solutions rarely work and may end up costing more to remove it to make better repairs needed. 🤔

15. patio furniture in your basement? I can't trust you now

16. As someone that worked for a company that installed drain tile/baseboard systems I’m telling you this will never work. You’ve been warned.

17. Hi could i get this in uk ?

18. One of the closets was added in a couple of years ago I guess they use concrete I noticed every winter the concrete sweats water it's been painted over when I moved in do I still need to remove the paint from the concrete or can I just paint over it with the Drylok cuz I've noticed it started growing a little mold I want to get to fix it before it gets out of control

19. The best way to prevent water in your house is fixing from the outside.the problem comes from the exterior so there's no need to waste money in the inside.doing exterior waterproofing will prevent this problems.the process for exterior waterproofing is digging the walls all the way to the footing,then patch all the crack and apply rubber membrane to all the wall.then put in the j drain system with a sump pump. Fill it back with 75% of gravel.then fill the rest will dirt..any questions feel free to ask

20. We did all of this in just one weekend…. with the help of a full crew of workers….. and you can do it too !

21. The only solution is repair from the outside . Dig out to 12-18 below wall intersection with foundation use commercial waterproofing materiel "bituthene 3000 membrane or tremproof 60 trowel on install French drain and sump pump if necessary.

22. this usually only works for homes that are fairly new and that the basement floor is not that deep underground. My two cents, older homes have outside problems with the worst being to ding up around the sides of your basement walls " on the outside side," remortar old bricks and blocks, apply tar and other water proofing steps. lot of work, not cheap.

23. Using a regular paint brush because it latex based just like paint. This stuff won't stop any water coming through wall. Fix you outside issue first. Add draining around foundation if possible. Slope grade away from foundation. If you have major leaks, the outside needs to be dealt with before trying any "waterproofer". Just think about a flood, nothing can stop that. The force of water is unstoppable. It needs to be redirected. Just my 2 cents

24. This stuff didn’t work on my moist still goes thru it

25. This is a temporary fix. I've done it and I still have issues. The reason? All foundations settle over time and develop cracks. Drylok is NOT going to stop the forces that create these cracks. No paint or patch can. Your first agenda should be to address the drainage issues you may have on the outside of your home. Clogged gutters, improper grading, leaking gutter joints, ect. Stop the water from running down the outside of your foundation and you have 75% of the battle beat. Drylock is good for sealing basements with no current breach and will seal the walls from moisture coming from the walls, but not from a crack. Cracks only get bigger over time and in an older house will compound the problem. Manage the water from the outside first!

26. I have a wet basement wall and have had contractors apply Drylok twice. Still wet! Also made sure that the outside is sloping away from the house. Still wet!

27. Good product, If you have water coming through the basement wall, BEFORE applying this on the inside, fix the root cause. Check the mortar and any problem outside first and fix them. If there is water coming from the outside, and you seal the inside, the water will just go down the wall until it finds an opening and still come in. You wall will also be weakened in the process. That said, this product is great IF you fix the problem causing the leak, first.

28. Available in mauritius?

29. All I see it doing it keeping any seep through between the coating and the blockwork. It's still getting through and building up behind the seal. That will eventually cause bubbling and breakthrough.

30. I have a 40 yr. house and the block has paint on it already. What needs to be done before applying this product?

31. What about the floor? An issue most companies do not address

32. You said inside twice, do you mean if you have water on the outside of the foil it's condensation?