Waterproofing

How To Water-resistant Your Exterior Foundation Wall Do-it-yourself for Householders

How To Seal Exterior Foundation Wall. Waterproofing fro Do it yourself Householders. Phase by step instruction. Sections and content Complete how to!

Apple Drains
Drainage Contractors
www.AppleDrains.com

Trustworthy and Advised
by YOUR NEIGHBORS
because 1997

See typical cost for all installs
Study More

We Do It Day to day

1. jesus fucking christ the background noise actually got LOUDER

2. Does anyone know how far up on the block would I need to waterproof. Is it just the seam where the block meets the footer?

3. Great vid.

4. Just curious! how much is a job like this cost?

5. Thank u Chuck for this video. As a single Mom trying to maintain my home and work full time I have had to learn to roll up my sleeves and Youtube ALL of my repairs/projects (I had no idea I had masonry skills until some guy came to my home & gave me a $2800. estimate to replace THREE brick steps (7 ft wide) leading into my front door. I had all of the bricks and the 7 ft slabs of blue slate to recycle and he STILL wanted $2800. I just could not afford to pay for it and the county gave me a notice that it had to be repaired within one month. I Youtubed it, got a masons hammer (to size the bricks, poured a cement foundation and mixed the mortar with my screw gun & a mixing bit. My son came home during construction & said "u know nothing about masonry – how do u think its gonna turn out?" My response was "it cant look any worse than the pile of bricks it is now." When I was done I moved on to the walkway steps (5 of them) and it all turned out great. Just followed the directions and DID NOT PANIC. In fact they turned out so well my neighbor asked me to teach him how to repair his front steps. Now onto the foundation …. lol

6. What did this cost?

7. I LOVED that message at the end Chuck!! 🙂

8. "This is Chuck, reminding you that if you believe you can do something I guarantee you can do it. Have a nice day" Thanks you, Chuck! Came at the right time! My spouse and I is in the prossess of planning the build of a hotel and fitness center in his home country. Considering we come from a country where the standard and regulations of building is on top and that we are building in a country where there is basically no regulations. We have to tackle regulations, safety, "how to" etc on everything. Even tho someone will look over the drawings and specs at the end I can't help thinking that we taken on a little too much. But I believe in the project and your words came in the right time. This project is more then just securing our future. Its about creating a workplace that benefit out employees. The normal in the given country is basically work till you drop. no sick leave. no paid vacation and for that matter no rights for vacation at all, no rights as an employee and so on… Our vision is to create a model to turn this around in some way.

9. How much of pipe in length and estimate cost of total installation? ?

10. Chuck is a cool dude – GOOD JOB LABORERS

11. this is a shallow project. I noticed you did not put a filtration sock on the pipe to stop dirt from plugging it. or use landscape fabric. those pipes will colapse and fill up. at your depth you'll be OK for years. I'm at 8 ft or more using schedule 40 PVC drain pipe and filters.

12. I need to do this to the house I'm buying soon. Thanks for posting. I enjoy your videos.

13. Can I apply this product in the rain?

14. I like your outro saying. That is true, no question about it.

15. I need to use this Blackjack 57 to waterproof the area around the perimeter of my patio. HOW can I hide the black, since I don't think this can be painted. Any ideas?

16. It seems like all of your videos are for houses with literally no basement and the foundation footer is only about 1.5 ft in the ground. Does this process change if we are talking about a house with a field stone foundation that is in the ground 6ft? If one digs to the footer on a foundation wall that deep, how do you get the water up and out of that depth?

17. great vid

18. home depo hahahah XD

19. Go to ShepherdSurvives webpage if you'd like to know more about surviving. Good solutions for everyone I think.

20. Hey Chuck,
    Could you please tell me what type of liquid rubber you use. I have been looking everywhere and only find the real expensive stuff. Thanks for you time and videos. They are greatly appreciated. 🙂

21. To kill the allergy after cleaning, spray bleach on it.
    You also need to add filter fabric around your drain system, this will help stop contamination by the mud that will fill back in.

22. Thanks for posting.  I enjoy your videos, but have a few questions.  I never see you guys grading your trenches.  How do you ensure the water will flow properly?  Why do you never use a fabric barrier? Don't roots get into the joints on those corrugated lines?  Can you service this system?  I didn't see any clean-outs.