Waterproofing

Mobile House how to prevent metal roof leaks with STA-KOOL elastomeric coatings

how to fix leaks on cell residences with more mature metallic roofs making use of STA-KOOL elastomeric products.

1. Thank you for the lead on stay cool product. It looks faster to apply, and its white, how long does it last before I have to reapply coat ? My home is 14×72 wonder how many 5 gals I'll need. Thank you again this spring I'm getting it done.

2. Isn't that seam tape about the same as what is used in rolls to redo screen doors and window screens? A roll of the mesh is about $9 to $12 dollars and about 3 feet wide for larger repairs.

3. you didnt say how many cans you need to do that trailer

4. What do you think of Henry's tropicool white? 59.00 per gallon.

5. WILL this work on polycarbonate corrugated roofing? My pergola has that plastic transparent roofing and it's leaking- I need something like this to paint over it and seal it. thanks

6. How is he not falling through the roof? I can see it flexing as he moves.

7. I recently started redoing my roof after a few years. I cleaned the roof with bleach and water and a stiff scrub brush from a ladder being careful not to walk anywhere. Actually I decided to lie on the roof instead of standing and I put my weight across several rafters at once. I am doing probably 90% of the scrubbing from a ladder. I'm using a lone handle on the scrub brush that lets me reach close to half way across the roof. After the roof has had plenty of time to dry I seal any areas with the sealer and gauze like tape. Especially over the areas where the metal connects to the next sheet and around the sides. After that has had several days to cure I start with the white elastomeric coating. I also do a second coat after the first has dried for several days. Being that it now is winter I get to do some of the work each day we have plenty of sunshine and warm days. When a spring like couple of days show up I take advantage of them so I won't have to do any roof work when spring hits because springtime can be hot on that tin roof.

8. 2 years and it will leak again

9. Thumbs up ! I also suggest to anyone with a metal roof have a contractor apply a 50 year polyurethane roof foam application $2,000 for most roofs and sleep tight at night knowing the roof will outlast you. Don't inhale any vapors and contact your neighbors as this stuff is not human or animal friendly at all when being sprayed and will not come off a car or house etc if oversprayed or wind gusts blows. I've been doing professional home repairs over 17 years now and love to put a smile on someone's face. The one thing I hate is going over another's man work and charging the customer to do it properly.

10. Can you use this on old 1970-80's aluminum roofs? I have an old tow behind and need to seal water leaks.

11. Liked that "Don't apply coating beyond the ladder" tip. Of course you could just wait for it to dry. Or yell for somebody to move the ladder. Or jump off the roof.

12. After battling with a leaky roof for years, I discovered silicon used coatings and I cannot wait to try this on my roof. That white "elastomeric" coating sold at Lowe's is just white paint and offers zero water proofing and has zero tolerance for ponding water.

13. That roof flex, makes me nervous. I wouldn't dare walk on my roof. It may be more work, but when I go to reseal, I'm just going to stand on the ladder and use a long handle to reach where I need to, or hire a thin man or woman to do it.

14. If my roof is bad, am I going to have to replace anything before applying this product? Hoping to get a speedy reply.

15. Straight to the point!! A+

16. If you step on that stuff you had better have your insurance paid up. Keep your distance from where it is applied. You'll slip like on a banana peel and my end up on the ground. Don't step on it until it is set and dried. Walking on a tin roof between the seams will loosen up more seems. Put about a 12" or wider and about 6 feet board on the roof to walk on several rafters at once. This way your weight will not be on the tin but the rafters.

17. Hey don't forget the tires.

18. I have used that stuff on my father's place and it doesn't last but 6 months before it starts cracking and leaking again.

19. hook-me-up.

20. My roof had cracks so walking on it made it ten times worse

21. Good information straight to the point and detailed thank you

22. Is there anything special i need to do if there is surface rust on the roof?

23. nice! doesn't seem that hard. been trying to get my man to do it for over a year. tired of waiting for him to do it. I have to learn!!!๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค“

24. Thank you for the lesson.

25. I love it step by step and very professional

26. so I was watching your video because my wife and I just inherited a mobile home and it's in a quieter area. the roof has multiple leaks and I am trying to find something that will actually work to allow time to save the money to replace the whole roof. is this something that will for sure fill seams and stop leaks for a period of time

27. gracias por el video me sirvio de muchos Dios le bendiga ๐Ÿ™‚

28. how to cool my roof down

29. I have the exact same type of roof. I'm gonna try Henry Tropi-Cool 887. $$$ yikes, but it's silicone. How many 5-gal buckets did you use?

30. how did it hold up? were you happy enough with the material thickness when applying? I know the full silicone versions are a lot more waterproof but are around $225 for a 5 gallon pail. I'd really like to save some cash but I am worried the stakool 780 isn't waterproof enough. At the moment I don't have any leaks. Did have a couple but believe i resolved those now i want to coat it. Need something thats going to last about 5 years.