Bathroom Remodeling

Bathroom Remodeling Sequence – Insulation and Ventilation – Video 5

Putting in insulation that features excellent moisture manage properties will limit the possibility of vapor accumulating below the insulation. For decades we …

resource

1. Thanks for the information. It's so true what you say, insulation/ventilation is often seen as an afterthought when remodeling a bathroom, when it should be as integral to the process as deciding what you want the room to look like.

2. Nearly 2020…still relevant brother.
    * I'm thumbs up 229

3. In the video, he installed the vent under the house soffit, instead of out to the roof. In most homes, this will cause the moist bathroom air to go into the attic and cause mold.

4. The length of the room x the height of the room in inches, or feet? Thanks

5. Great video! Are there any decent closed sell insulations I can buy and do myself on my home? Its 100 years old and I'd like to at least insulate my roof and south side of my home. Thanks!

6. Hi Rob , great video , we need such kind of professionals in Canada too.

7. Can you explain calculating CFM. When you say length are you referring to the whole area of the room. I would think you just calculate the cubic feet of space in your room then multiply by 0.13. Where does 0.13 come from?

8. Great video! Especially liked how much focus you put on the ventilation. I'm constantly having to explain why shower vents need to be vented properly, when I shouldn't have to! Something that I've been installing for a while now is a recessed light/fan combo like the Broan 744 to keep the ceiling's of our bathrooms less cluttered. I'll install one over a shower, )or tub if the design calls for cans above) and even over a toilet(great in water closets). Homeowners love how quiet they are, and how they blend with the rest of the general lighting cans. That being said there are still times when you need a larger ventilation fan appropriate for the room.

9. Hey Rob, do you have a preferred method of installing Kraft faced insulation? I can't seem to find a straight answer, and on one post a retired inspector says that he banned inset stapling. Not sure who's right.