Bathroom Remodeling

Do it yourself Getting rid of Your Outdated Tile without having Detrimental the Tub

diycrew #hrvdiy #renovision Do-it-yourself methods to renovate your shower and help save dollars! Contemplate SUBSCRIBING!! …

1. This is why it cost millions to have a contractor redo the bathroom. I have 2 I’d like redone. I don’t think so.

2. Is there a way to remove the tub without taking out al the tile ?

3. do you have any suggestions for a renovation of a bathtub and shower that is tiled with a window at the back? I also have tile 2/3 up the wall all the way around the entire bathroom. How can I remove the damaged areas of the tile within the tub/ shower, while not destroying the wall tile that goes around the rest of the bathroom? My plan is to find a close match tile to redo the shower and tub areas, while leaving the rest of the tile intact and somehow make it look right. If you have a video on these topics, can you tell me what to search for please. IF you don't have a video on this, any plans to create one? My plan is to use your cement board backing, with that painted on water barrier for the renovation within the tub and shower area.  Thanks in advance!!!

4. Did this today for the first time (I'm a roofer) only had a pry bar and hammer. Thankfully I cut the joints with my knife like he did. Luckily I decided it was good to go for whatever reason

5. Enjoying your videos and learning a lot. Perhaps you have covered this in another episode, but wondering if you can successfully refinish an old steel tub from 1940s pink to white?

6. Can you do this if they use screws or nah.

7. 4:00 did you really need to flip the viewers off?

8. Hi do you know when that cement board with styrofoam bubbles came on the market in Canada? I've been taking some out on a bathroom of unknown age and was concerned about asbestos.

9. this video was exactly what I needed! Only if I was able to find the second part where you would explain the installation of the new tile.

10. "Remember, when you're removing a tile, it's just like installing them, but backwards." LOL!

11. it’s fun watching other people do the work. Lol!

12. We have blown-in fiber glass insulation behind one of our shower walls. What are your suggestions as to how to demo the tile away from that wall? I'm pretty sure there is just drywall behind the tile, maybe two layers of drywall. I'm trying to avoid a huge mess with all that loose insulation falling out when I bust up the tile/wall. Thanks!

13. So the big question is where does the cement board or wonderboard meet the drywall.

14. Kudos.

15. Why didn't u put a blanket in the bathtub?

16. I'm buying a condo and need to redo the 2 bathrooms and the kitchen. The firewall left behind, if I want to tile the walls do I need to put up an additional layer of drywall over the firewall? If so, do I need to use a vapor barrier behind the drywall? OR should I get the same type of cement + styrofoam + mesh thing then tile over that?

17. Loved this video. Was very helpful in preventing damaged to the firewall behind the green board in my condo. Worked like a charm. Only deal is that the firewall wasn't installed to code originally. Had four large holes in the wall. Actually is was just a bunch of left over pieces nailed to the studs with 1-1/4" nails in the 5/8" fire – x gyp board. Removed the existing firewall with my hands, no tools required and rebuilt the whole thing. It is amazing what you uncover when you rip open the walls.

18. I really ought to just watch your videos before I do things, not wonder and cuss while I'm doing them whether or not its supposed to be as hard as it is. OFC you should score the silicon WHY WHY WHY didn't I????

19. check this out. removing tile with a multi tool.Slower but less mess. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDlEd-6HoGU

20. I find it a pity sometimes tiles usually can't be saved for re-use. Some tiles are very nice, or historical 🙂 like Delft's blue. I actually live where those were (and are being) made. 🙂

And good work! These were a bit more stubborn then others you did

21. If you can remove a hole Wall by one Grab you are in north america

22. Good. Just use a good mask and kept the area ventilated. The silica+adhesive dust mix can cause some serious damage to your lungs.