Waterproofing

Inside Basement Waterproofing

Waterproofing of basement / cellar from the within, with Koster NB1 Gray Sealing Slurry.

1. too much work!

2. Shouldn't he be wearing a fresh air mask when using this stuff??

3. This is a great explanation of how this product works, however my understanding is the best practice to solve basement or crawl space water instrution problems is to either:

1) Fix the actual source of the problem which is water pooling outside the wall. Place a french drain on the outside wall next to and just below the footer so that water can not rise above the footer, therefore there is no water. Fixing the source is typically the best path. Of course also grade the ground away from the house and make sure downspouts dump water away too.

2) If it's too expensive to fix from the outside, which is common because the basement is 10 feet deep or there is a huge driveway or patio in the way, then place a french drain on the inside, next to the footer. As the water leaks into the basement, the french drain collects the water and either pumps it out or use gravity. This relieves the hydrostatic pressure on the outside wall pushing in, which over decades may cause the basement wall to "fall in". Water/dirt probably pushes into the wall from the outside with 2x more force than dry dirt alone. One downside to this solution is the sump pump will not work if the electricty goes out, which sometimes happens during the huge rain events and exactly when you need the pump most!

I am curious to know how the past ~100 locations have performed after a few years in use and compare them to a french drain solution, especially an inside french drain which would be similar in cost.

4. I have a basement, It has a coating of paint, I think it is primer. It was a water prove guy came to do the water prove, it should be fiber glass. but when the first coat of the paint on, then water keep leaking in, because he clean up all the old water prove membrane off. And he said when the water not stop he couldn't apply the water prove material on, it wouldn't work. So that is why it left a coat of paint, (I think it is primer). The water prove system he was go to apply, should be the one for bathroom shower, This system I don't think it can hold the water from the other side.of the wall.

So Koster product should be the permanent solution for my basement, but my basement has got the coat of paint (assume it is primer),Does it need to be wash off? What is the best way to wash it off? I got a water blaster, is it any good?

Where can I buy your product, I am from New Zealand.

5. ear protection,eye protection,….no mask,how quick did that powder react with the water?! Great stuff for damaging respiratory system!

6. The NB1 Grey product featured in this video will resist negative water pressure in excess of 100m head.  It is more than capable of sealing basement 3 even 3 or 4 storeys underground.  Recently tested at Hydro Electric Power Station in very deep tunnels with great success.

7. The Brits are hardcore. No mask in an enclosed space.

8. Sản phẩm này đã có ở Việt nam (liên hệ: 0917.784.714 A. Vương)

9. @natureswhey I say this stuff is about equal to sani tred. I also did some research and saw that hydrostatic pressure per foot is equal at 6 feet below grade, to be a low enough psi that dry lok WILL work just the same.

10. @amusingisthedawn
    this stuff does look good but Ill tell ya, Sani Tred is really the very best I have seen and also USED in my own home

11. @amusingisthedawn
    wow, im mad i used drylok – this stuff protects up to 180psi while drylok is like 6psi 🙁

12. this is really interesting