Kitchen Cabinet

How to INSTALL KITCHEN CABINETS (and remove them)! // DIY Kitchen Remodel Pt. 1

Learn how to install (and remove) kitchen cabinets with a handful of basic tools! This is the first video in my DIY kitchen remodel series, stay tuned for Part 2 next week. Thanks to Lowe’s for sponsoring this series, learn more about Kraftmaid cabinets : #sponsored

📦 Materials Used On The Cabinet Installation (affiliate):

🍳Samsung Appliances :

Microwave Wall Oven Combo :
Range Hood :
Induction Cooktop :
Dishwasher :

📹 SUBSCRIBE :

📲 FOLLOW CRAFTED WORKSHOP!

INSTAGRAM:
FACEBOOK:
TWITTER:
PINTEREST:

1. Hey y'all, hope you're all staying safe at home! It definitely feels weird putting out a video as normal right now, but I hope that it can provide some entertainment and help pass the time you're spending at home. Stay tuned for Part 2 of the series, where I build and install some DIY plywood and laminate countertops. Go ahead and get subscribed so you don't miss it when it comes out next week : https://goo.gl/V5gcNJ

2. What I could see in the video, the old kitchen looked realy nice.
    With some cleaning and whitening it could had looked better than the new.
    It would have cost near to nothing compared to renovate the old kitchen.
    But hey if you got 6-7k to blow, then knock ya self out.
    I fancy the wood structure and would have lightend it.

3. My man you made a few mistakes. You mentioned the previous home owners cheaped out and didn’t floor under the cabinets… you understand floating floors don’t go under cabinetry to allow for expansion right? Also you screwed your kitchen island to 2×2 supports incorrectly. You are suppose to place the 2×2 supports in toe kick and rear of the cabinets so your back paneling and toe kick actually cover the screw heads… you don’t screw the island from the side…..

4. U got whole workshop and buy cabinets, why? Europe we hide dishwasher in cabinet, I wondered when people in US starting do this same. Maybe is some limitations in laws? I see oven is no longer standalone device, some progress.

5. You went from a GRANITE counter top to a plastic laminate… That is a downgrade, not an upgrade.

6. It is normal to not do flooring under the counters. Your old cabinets are actually nicer than the new ones. You are just don't like the style. You apparently want something that looks like plastic instead of real wood and anyone that wants to destroy a granite counter is just crazy.

7. I thought these were custom cabinets. How come the oven cabinet didn’t come already fitted for your oven? Didn’t you give them all the specs on the appliances?

8. Please do a walkthrough of your home explaining all the upgrades you’ve done as you go from room to room.

9. Awesome remodel, beautiful and modern. Nice tips on the trims =D

10. Great job Bud!! Once again another great video. Glad you left the mistake in, hopefully it helps someone avoid it. I installed 7 upper cabinets before without allowing the distance at the top for the crown!!! NEVER made that mistake since!! Hoping all is well Bud, Dirty Jersey out!!

11. That's a tremendous amount of work . . . and you did a GREAT job! 🙂🥰 Thumbs up and glad I subscribed 👍

12. Awesome job as usual! I know you dont have the sink and full plumbing done yet but did you put a highloop in your dishwasher drain? last one i had installed, by a bigbox store even, did not and i had big issues with water from my sink draining into the tub and eventually spilling out. I couldnt tell in the video if you did this or not but may be worth a check…

13. Here I am with a very small area for woodworking in my overstuffed garage, and I'm in the process of designing replacement kitchen cabinets. I'm starting small and doing the three bathroom vanities before the kitchen, with the smallest vanity being the first, to see how they come out. If all goes well with those three, it's full steam ahead for the kitchen cabinets.
    Makes me wonder why someone with the means buys instead of builds.

14. Love your build except for those drawer handles. They are accidents waiting to happen especially to your kids.

15. Nice new kitchen. Looks great. But why would you go with laminate tops? Check out Stone-Coat Countertops. Cheaper than stone, but customizable to what you want and no yearly up-keep. However, if laminate is what you want, go for it.
    Also, I'd be more than happy with the previous version of your kitchen. I dont know how old mine is, but the house is ~200 years old. We have a manufactured laminate top on one base cabinet supported by angle iron to a hollow corner cabinet. A roll around cart next to the corner frame and wide open under the sink with a plastic shelving unit slid under. There was nothing next to the one base, but I installed an old dishwasher there (to the right) and that brought us 9 inches from the door to the bedroom.
    The opposing wall has the fridge, an upright freezer, and a 7cuft chest freezer with an open shelf above the chest for out toaster oven and bread box. All Oak uppers, but the microwave/vent hood is only about 13 inches above the stovetop between the corner cabinet frame and the back door. No island.
    So, I'd be more than happy with your old kitchen.

16. Love the video. Quick question on electrical in the island- the wire for the outlet doesn't need any sort of conduit?

17. Очень был удивлён увидеть нижние ящики без регулируемых опор, а верхние без навесов на стену, которые и позволяют в итоге выровнять все в горизонт

18. Great video! A couple of options to hide those screw holes on the island would be to wrap the toe-kick piece around the whole island like a low-profile baseboard, then put the quarter round around that…or, wrap the outside 3 sides of the island with an actual baseboard that matches what's in the rest of your kitchen. Either way, the kitchen came out awesome!

19. I know you were sponsored by Lowe’s and need to use their product, but after doing my own kitchen, I have to highly recommend to anyone Ikea’s cabinets. They are cheaper, high quality, 256ear warranty, and SUPER EASY to install. Their rail system makes all that leveling and shimming your doing on each cabinet completely unnecessary. Their online kitchen planner is an easy amazing tool to plan your kitchen, and is smarter than any store employee and will catch any errors made before you buy everything. They also have tons of great features like soft close everything that’s a breeze to install. I never did any remodel or cabinet work in my life and did my kitchen 100% by myself. I really can’t recommend their stuff enough.

20. Amazing job, how long did it take you to get to this stage ?

21. i would want to see an epoxy tabletop. but laminate aight too

22. am I the only one that didn't mind the oak cabinets?

23. Awesome video. I recently installed my dishwasher as well. It’s difficult to tell in the video if you did this or not. But you’ll want the waste water line to go through a hole high up on the inside of the cabinet forcing the waste water uphill. This is to prevent the waste water from backing up into the dishwasher.

24. The new cabinets are not an improvement. The originals had so much more character.

25. Sorry, but I have the skills to build my own cabinets, and that center island should prove why building your own is the better option. Building your own also would have allowed you to avoid a filler strip (hated item) alongside the new wall oven providing a true custom look. And just to be fair, you didn't add a dollar figure to your Kraftmaid total for installation, so your all in cost was higher than $6300.

26. Very nice project! Well done👍

27. Swapping solid hardwood cabinets for thermofoil plastic covered crap? Rip out granite for plywood plastic formica crap? The removal and installation techniques were great, which was the purpose of the video so you deserve a Thumbs Up. Putting that sweet Blum hardware on those boxes is like putting a Ferrari engine in a Yugo. I hope you can live with the material choices. Free from Lowes or not, I think you're going to regret this.

28. It's not cheaping out to not put the flooring underneath the cabinets. No contractor does that. It's a waste of time and money to do and has absolutely no benefit.

29. Your original kitchen was nice IMO.

30. Hate to walk into one of those drawer pulls with my shin. Nice job on the install

31. This was definitely a great distraction and I cannot wait to see the countertops and the final product. Thanks for sharing!!

32. Wow you're rich

33. The cabinets look great Johnny, looking forward to seeing part 2! 😃👍🏻👊🏻

34. Love your videos!!! Cheers from Mexico

35. Fantastic job, dude!

36. Free Cabinets?

37. Wow! I might actually be able to see what I'm doing in that kitchen now! Looks amazing, looking forward to seeing it all come together.

38. Did you look into ikea cabinets? Thoughts on cost vs quality?

39. Try ordering from them now…….ghosttown

40. Love the video! I hope you have better luck with the Samsung appliances than I did though. I had a Samsung dishwasher for about 2 years before it died and I had to replace it. After talking to some people, including workers at my local Lowe's, I was told I shouldn't have wasted my money and switched to Whirlpool appliances.

41. Thank you for the solid instruction and entertainment!

42. Great video. You have an amazing Father in Law to help you out like that. I’m impressed with all your knowledge from electric, plumbing, and wood working. Thanks for sharing this remodel.

43. I'm not sure about those draw pulls – I can see some shins and thighs getting jammed on the corners? Otherwise it looks great.

44. Is the outlet for the charging drawer under the counter a gfci? Or is it a regular outlet ran off the load side of the gfci above?