Bathroom Remodeling

How to Easily Remove Bathtub Shower wall

How did this project turn out?

#diycrew #hrvdiy #renovision
This is a system that anyone can use to make this easy. 30 years of experience and there is nothing easier. I promise!

This Youtube channel was designed for average help homeowners to tackle home renovation tasks around the house. Hosted by Jeff Thorman from Ottawa Design and build, Jeff uses his near three decades of experience to help you out. On this channel, you will find a series of How To videos as well as before/after Total Renovation transformations. So what are you waiting for? Check it out!

Our Website:

SHOP Jeff’s favorite tools on Amazon:

Video Editing Services by:
Moskal Multimedia
www.MoskalMultimedia.com

Music:
Another Way by Psykick (c) 2016 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license.

1. I have to thank you for these tips. I just started redoing my master shower and I followed your steps on scoring the silicone and drywall at the ceiling and tile lines and holy balls, it made it so much easier to remove. You are truly awesome! I have to also say, I love your smile! 😉

2. Hi Jeff, would you recommend to have a window in the bathroom or get rid of the window and completely seal off? I don’t like how my shower tub is next to the window. It create molds in the long run and leaking water. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

3. Do you have a video when you installed the new walls in this project?

4. You are the best at narrating these projects. Just bought our new dream home .And finding nightmares hiding everywhere I try to upgrade . I watch your videos numerous times to get into your mode . Thanks keep on helping us that can't afford a contractor for everything

5. dude you should encourage eye protection!

6. You make me smile knowing theres hope. I remember when I first saw my steam shower before moving in our rehab hike. And I asked the project manager what kind of material they used on the ceiling as it was not tiled looked just like drywall, there didn’t even paint it with high gloss or something just bare looking. Anyways project manager said they used green board. I said that’s not waterproof, he responds it’s water resistant you’ll be fine. But I love the way you put it honestly and straight forward. It might be water resistant but not water proof it might be mold resistant but not mold proof, same result just longer to get there. Thanks Jeff I will share this with my new contractors.

7. Very instructive and helpful. One observation: why wasn’t the tub protected against any damage from tile shards, etc.?

8. Hi Jeff, we are renovating our bathroom and we are trying to remove the tiles on the floor. There is cement underneath. What do you think the best way to approach this is? The tiles are really stuck on .. thanks

9. Good simple and efficient method to remove both tiles and drywall at the same time. I highly recommend safety glasses for this job. Thanks for your uncomplicated instruction as well.

10. You seem like a really nice fellow and that is some good work, I am a contractor and I do the exact same thing with the hammer smash to the middle. I'd like to share a tip with you that will save a lot of time and effort. Take your Sawzall or reciprocating saw as I'm sure you know. Run that right down the side of the tile where it meets the drywall on the verticals. Then after your knife cut on top and Hammer break in the middle you should be able to pull the tile and the fiber board, green board or drywall whatever it may be right off the wall without the chipping flat bar method. Although it's nice to have a friend there because the pieces can be heavy but it saves a lot of time. As I said before, great work and I hope this comment helps to make your job easier and help all your awesome followers this is a great Channel 👊

11. Starting my bathroom demo tmrw I’m addicted to this channel.

12. Can you do a video on how to remove drywall to replace for remodel? You have a video, but it is on the bathroom wall.

I want to see removal with wall trimming

13. 3:11 safety squints, trade skill level +1

14. Sometimes I wonder if they install one day, then demo the next to make it look so easy.

15. Irresponsible showing hacking off tile without saftey goggles and gloves

16. Love all your videos. So many good tips. I don't start any project, even one I've done before, without first watching your related videos. The one about how to paint saved me tons of time and improved my painting skills immensely.
    Now I am about to demo a small corner shower. A little worried because the tile stands proud of the wall by almost an inch, so I suspect it has a thick mortar bed under the tile, which might make your technique a bit more difficult. Not sure a hammer will penetrate so easily and the pieces are bound to be a lot more heavy. Time for some exploratory surgery, but there will be no turning back!

17. Really do like to watch your videos Jeff 🙂 Greetings from UK

18. Nice work. Attention to detail.

19. Apparently he forgot that you're suppose to take out the side walls first. Kind of hard to take someone's advise when they don't use it themselves.

20. Do you have the video for this work done ? (Finish)

21. why didn't you do like mike Holmes and go nuts with a sledgehammer to the toilet bowl??

22. Great Video Love for you to have your eyes for the next one Eye protection please

23. Jeff I will soon remodel my fully tiled. walk in shower. It is quite squared! 34" x77" floor is nicely sloped , house built in1988. I'm original owner builder was a plumber. mold now on bottom perimeter on 3 sides looking for your help. I don't want to make a disaster! sure need your help. do you know when you may tackle such a project. thanks Jeff!! do you have a Patron page

24. I really appreciate your videos, very informative. great job.

25. Good video…thanks

26. Where are the Safety glasses and 😷

27. This shit will cut you right down to the bone * does not wear safety glasses * lol sorry couldn't resist

28. How would you remove the tiles if it was green board in the back & didn't need to be replaced ?

29. Shouldnt you protect the tub?

30. Careful of the seams when removing and carrying those tile and drywall peices they can collapse and hurt you

31. Coooooooooool 👍

32. I have a tub surround the is missing the small bar. So the are 2 holes where water can get into the wall. What are my options for replacing that bar. Currently have have the holes taped so I want to find a fix soon.

33. How do we remove a tub surround that isn't tile?

34. Lectures how sharp the tile is, but no safety glasses.