Waterproofing

Benefits of White Roof Coating | The Home Depot

Associate Jim highlights the benefits of white roof coating for flat or metal roofs to relfect sun rays and extend the roof’s life. It also aids in reducing summer cooling costs by up to 40%. Henry’s Jeff Groth details proper surface preperation.

#TheHomeDepot #HomeImprovement #DIY

About The Home Depot:
How doers get more done. We’re helping doers in their home improvement projects. Now you can take on more renovation projects with more know-how. Our step-by-step instructional DIY videos and expert advice will give you the confidence for your next project with hands-on learning. It’s a good time to be a doer.

WEBSITE:
FACEBOOK:
TWITTER:
INSTAGRAM:
PINTEREST:

Benefits of White Roof Coating

1. Can I use this to patch and seal cracks on my concrete driveway?

2. $$$$$$$$$ Great video! I'm the Creator of YouTube's "Solar For Dummies" channel (see: https://tinyurl.com/SolarForDummies). Wanted to offer everyone a FREE digital copy of my https://tinyurl.com/10EnergySavingTips "10 Energy and $$$-Saving Tips" guide (a USD$10,000 value)! To order a digital copy of our longer "88 Ways to Lower Your Electric, Gas, and Water Bills", visit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/163756444438 . To share, use: https://tinyurl.com/88WaysToLowerMyUtilityBill $$$$$$$$$

3. Why don't you answer some questions? I have a slope flat metal roof. Your product says it's good for metal. I don't see anything about that any where.

4. can this be used on POLYCARBONATE (transparent roofing?)

5. Could white gravel/pebbles be used?

6. Can i use this on plywood?

7. 3:13 to 3:14
    What is he saying???

8. Great job… What kind of spray pump and tip do I need for the job?

9. Well this is just great! My building is facing north-east… now I have to apply this stuff diagonally!

10. In 2008 I painted my conventional asphalt shingle pitched roof with elastomeric white roof paint (Home Depot: Henry brand; Lowes: Black Jack brand) using a 9" conventional paint roller on a stick and no primer. (The shingles were several years old in 2008. Don't paint without a primer first on new shingles less than 30 days old.) Am very pleased with the results. It cures leaks even before they start and cost 1/3 to 1/4 as much as a reshingle. Nine years later, it shows very little wear. It's immune from all but the most severe hailstorms, unlike unpainted asphalt shingles. It saves on cooling costs. Don't like white? Paint over the white roof paint with any exterior grade paint, in the same color as your shingles if you want. I painted the drip lip at the edge of the shingles too, with a paint brush, so precipitation touches nothing but roof paint until it hits the ground.

11. I know Henry is the shown product but there is many white silicon or elastomeric type coatings. What is the best performing and what is the best for its price?

12. 2000 sq ft roof how much is needed for both the dampproofer and the White cool?

13. why is it not allowed on shingles?

14. The idea is to use white, so why is the damproffer black? Does this not make us have to place more white paint then we should? Why doesn't Hentry not make the damper white?

15. Is this good for motorhomes?

16. Most application instructions say to wait 24 to 48 hours to apply the second coat. Not 4-6 hours. Good video! Thank you.